Sunday Sluicing

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got about 3 hours of river time yesterday. Just a few miners to jabber out during the hike out. Ran the Bazooka Supermini as the river slowly drops flow through the day and its easy to reset because of its size. I usually just slide the Super downstream about a foot to catch more flow and get back to it. Weathers starting to warm up hope everyone is getting out and getting their share.

IMG_5014.JPG

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't run my Supermini in quite a while. Tell us, do you classify? Do you run it flatter than other Bazookas? What are your tips on running it well?

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I usually run it flatter but due to flow it got pitched to the recommended 1" per foot yesterday. I am constantly scraping rocks over the grizzly with my hand even with my prospector so I never classify. I don't even pick the large cobble off the shovel. I just dump everything on the plate and scrape it with my hand or with my shovel. If the grizzly gets loaded with small rocks I just punch it with my shovel and knock them through. Yesterdays material was hardpack that bordered up to a material covered clay bank that went up at a 30 degree pitch. The water covered material was about 6 inches deep and then dropped into mushy masses of clay with sandy mix in it so I was constantly mashing multiple grapefruit sized chunks of clay with my hand as I kept a juggling act tossing them back up plate to work the next one floating down. Whether it is right or wrong I always drop a whole unclassified shovel load on the plate usually choking off most of the water supply for a short time. Did take a panload of the tailings and found one speck -50. Cant expect any better than that.

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Bazooka Gold Trap 36" Sniper
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm jealous of you for several reasons.
1. You have a BGT (so I'm jealous of many people on here)
2. It only took you a couple hours to get what would take me several days in my area
3. You were able to go out on sunday

OP
OP
goldenmojo

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Jonesy's Son No need for jealousy. A year ago it would have taken me that long or longer to obtain that quantity. What helped is reading all the posts here and picking up the information. I read not just the daily post but went back multiple years. There are many secrets given out in these pages but it it like the gold itself. You have to search and you will find. As for going on Sunday and living near the Motherlode I will give you that one. Keep searching you will find it. Good Luck.

B Street Blacksmith

Apr 16, 2014
Texas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Bazooka Gold Trap 36" Sniper
Blue Bowl
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My problem is, until I can get away to better areas this summer, the only place I have to prospect is the Llano river in central texas. There IS gold there, but precious little. Im hoping to put in about a dozen hours on my sluice box this next weekend, and see what I come up with.

As for searching tnet, I've been reading nonstop for the past month, and have overloaded my brain with information. And will continue to do so!

fishnfacts

Mar 26, 2014
Chicago, Il. Northside
Detector(s) used
BH Disc 2200
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jonesy,
There is gold to be found around the Llano, I have found some when I lived in Texas. Look off the beaten path and for areas that only run hard after a rain. Look back at my Llano posts and you will see that there is gold to be found. Good Luck and make every trip an adventure that way you always win.

dashriprock

Jan 18, 2014
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster Vsat
Tesoro Diablo Umaxx
Garrett CXIII
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice looking stuff...congrats!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread