Keene A51 Advice

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a very good traditional unit

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I used that little sluice for 20+ yrs. it worked good for me. For me running it deep worked best. I never felt good running with an inch or two of water with the V. Not enough slick plate.

I set it almost full with enough velocity to move the material off the mat in 10-20 sec. Usually catch most of the gold before the riffles.

infotraker

Dec 20, 2013
Ca
Detector(s) used
Whites mxt
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have been using the a51 for years, gets the gold. It's best to classify out the bigger rocks and do not let it pack up and cover the riffles. Experiment with the best angle by watching how the material moves thru.

yodi

Mar 24, 2015
NE Washington
Detector(s) used
Whites Coin Master / Garret Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That was my first sluice I have found a lot of gold with it. Just don't feed it to fast and you will get the gold, the V mat at the front of it catches a lot of gold and gives you a good idea about the dirt your running.

matt_unique

Jul 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the A52 and also find that it works best with a lot of water. You need to adjust the water depth and angle (as with all sluices) to make sure you are moving the whites and keeping the red, black, and gold behind the riffles. With the water at the top of the sides running quite fast I capture tiny 'fly poop' as we say here. I'm not a pro but I bet most start out running much too little water for fear of losing gold. I always grab a handful of 1/4" or so material and toss it in - nearly all of it should clear out of the sluice if running with enough water and angle. If you add material and the riffles are immediately full you need more water and angle. I too classify down to 1/4" with a grizzly before running the material.

Good luck with the process!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread