Ultra heavy material in the Bazooka

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've followed some threads that mentioned "locking up" the fluid bed in their Bazooka. I'm working some of the heaviest material anywhere and I've had some concerns.

1 bucket will easily fill the trap with black rocks and sand. I noticed muddy water in the clean up last time. I'm wondering if I am getting enough exchange.

I use a tarp to maximize the flow but I still don't get a lot of action in the trap.

Do I just need to speed it up some more. We need more rain.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Are you running wet material or dry material? Mine locks up when I am feeding it metamorphic gravel and pushing it to fast at low flo running flat. It has happened a couple of times in that situation.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You did not mention this but if your grizzly is not quickly auto clearing most if not all of the oversize then your tubes are likely not powering up enough to create a good fluid bed in the trap either. A taller dam or maybe a vee dam may help speed up the flow.

Good luck and pray for rain.

Last edited:
OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys. I run mostly wet material MoJo. Up against straight magnetite it's tough. I'll give a report and Picts next trip.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah I had some issues too with 36" sniper the first time I used it I tried everything that I could think of but I only had traces of black sand but the garnet sand was crazy half the trap was filled with that but I still managed to 2 specs of fly poop gold I think next time I go i'll bring my hand trommel and try that see how that works out for me

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be afraid of running it pretty steep and fast.

OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well I got out and found a little gold

FullSizeRender2.jpg FullSizeRender.jpg

Pretty good amount of lead so I guess it was working. This is a different spot, upstream from the heaviest material.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Medina Joe

Jul 4, 2014
Medina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Golddog thats my quarter. I'm pm you with my address......I lost it in 1891 i remember

OP
OP
goldog

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You sure beat it up pretty good.

That's my custom made gold bowl. I started to make a coin ring. But it seemed like a good bowl.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread