Whats the gold like in Washington East of the crest?

OwenT

Feb 11, 2015
Moses Lake WA & Provo UT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What's the gold like in Washington East of the crest?

I've seen some good takes from some of the rivers on the west side of the state but I live in Moses Lake so I'm more interested in the East Cascades. I've read that generally gold in Washington is flour gold with the Liberty area as an exception. So I was wondering has anybody found any good gold (flakes or bigger) other places like Icicle creek, Ingalls Creek, Entiat River, others? What's the norm for NE cascades gold?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here's a map of historical gold mines (from usgs data) in eastern WA. Nothing south of you at all btw so I excluded it from the image. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1428376035.626233.jpg

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is an eleven page list of all historic recordings of gold occurrence in Washington state. Some have coordinates and all have maps where you can determine at least a general description for where they are located. You should be able to find a likely prospecting location in your or a nearby county. Mineral Location Search

Have fun and good luck.

Last edited:

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other

rodoconnor

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Owen , between Kevin and Arizau you have some information to research !! G/L

Doug Watson

Jul 29, 2010
OwenT, there's a gold show in Cashmere April 18th and 19th at the Chelan county fairgrounds. If you can make it you should be able to get quite a bit of info there. It's put on by the North Central Washington Prospectors.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread