Moving to Tracy Ca from Saint Louis Mo

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, us guys with a Louisiana connection have to check up on each other! :)

Years ago I hired a guide to flyfish for redfish outside New Orleans. Turns out he was a retired full bird Col. and had been an F-4 back seater. I think he was a C.O. in the area before he retired (not sure if non pilots can be C.O.). Very interesting and tough* bird. Caught fish too.

*I don't remember for sure but I think he was Marines rather than USAF though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
les écrevisse

les écrevisse

Tenderfoot
Mar 8, 2015
Tracy, Ca
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Years ago I hired a guide to flyfish for redfish outside New Orleans. Turns out he was a retired full bird Col. and had been an F-4 back seater. I think he was a C.O. in the area before he retired (not sure if non pilots can be C.O.). Very interesting and tough bird. Caught fish too.

I always loved fishing back home. I will be looking to find some places around me to do some. Maybe I won't have to drive as far to fish as I do to prospect.

GoldpannerDave

Bronze Member
Apr 17, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Bazooka 48" Miner and 30" Sniper, Le Trap, Wolf Trap, A52, 2" dredge, Miller tables, Blue Bowl, wheel, Falcon MD20, old White's detector
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Years ago I hired a guide to flyfish for redfish outside New Orleans. Turns out he was a retired full bird Col. and had been an F-4 back seater. I think he was a C.O. in the area before he retired (not sure if non pilots can be C.O.). Very interesting and tough* bird. Caught fish too.

*I don't remember for sure but I think he was Marines rather than USAF though.

Generally, you are correct, at least about the Air Force, though things do sometimes change. The Marines, on the other hand, have their own rules, so I have no idea. I can imagine he was both interesting and a tough old bird (pun intended). :)

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I always loved fishing back home. I will be looking to find some places around me to do some. Maybe I won't have to drive as far to fish as I do to prospect.

You sure don't! Stockton Delta waterway is pretty much in Tracys back yard! Lots of catfish, bass, striper, sturgeon, and salmon. And lots of lakes in between you and where you would prospect :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread