Need help with my Bazooka Sniper

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm looking for what kevin sort of said. I want to be able to stick my finger down in the box and touch the pipes without having to dig down to them.

That's not what I meant. Lots of times the trap is "full" and you can't see the pipes. That's ok as long as the deck clears well like in the video you can run for hours between clean ups. You are really overthinking this I fear. Trust your gear, it's working just fine in the video. Really.

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watch "Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 1" on YouTube
Looking for Gold - Episode 6 - Bazooka Gold Trap Sluice - Part 1: https://youtu.be/IlKmPslbKe4

here's the video watch it so all the way through. I know the music and lighting it horrible but it show how the bazooka works and is supposed to run when running correctly

bazooka.JPG
This is a nice set up. Kevin suggest that the top strap be cut and and bent down the sides so it doesn't get in the way of shoveling.

Screenshot_2015-03-20-11-41-21.png
and the tarp set up. I love using a tarp it makes it so much easier to bring water right where I want.

but I think the stand and the tarp together like lituraly you make it so it's all linked so it can't come apart I think it would lituraly be perfect set up for your area. and it would make your set up so easy

Last edited:

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the learning curve can be kinda difficult for some people. and I mainly think it because the fluid bed. they don't understand how it's supposed to work. that everything should be nice and liquefied in there so if you stick your finger in your should be able to go clean through it easy.
and yes when it's running right there should be stuff bubbling out the back of the bazooka. that 1 tripped me out the first time to. but I let it go cause everything else was running how these guys said it should. then another person brought it up and vala my question was answered and yeah.
but the bazooka is an amazing unit. so easy to clean and set up once you understand it. noClassifing and just fun.

but if you still find you don't like it might I make a suggestion.
the calsluice #2b it's designed after the top runner and has some of the same qualities the bazooka does main 1 no classifing and good retention of smaller gold. I'm betting the bazooka has better retention just because the calsluice everything has to drop down into the mat and riffle system.
where as the bazooka everything is forced down into the trap buy gravity, and the material already in the bazooka. it acts like a catchers mit. once you watch the video all the way through you'll see andunderstand what I'm explaining.
but I'll post a link to the calsluice.
http://www.calsluice.com/
many people who have had problems with the bazooka go to the calsluice2b. personally I think they'd have been better with like a le trap. and just add a punch plate ontop. pretty much set up just like the calsluice #2b but drop riffle. the biggest problem I see with it is the flow the really fine gold really doesn't have time to drop through the punch plate.

oooo. that's another thing. I've seen many people say they just shovel into the le trap sluice and it holds everything really well. but I still think there loosing some cause the rocks and such would nock it out. but ive never used a drop riffle and from what ive herd there extremely good. If you go the calsluice #2b it's a good sluice.
or the le trap I can show you an easy way to use that with classifing that wI'll make it so your shoveling right into it but still classifing at the same time. I used to do it with my Keene. easy set up and worked well
but seriously don't get hung up on gold hog. personally I think there to expensive for what they are. the gold cube is made for beach sand k. so it's made to hold the ultra ultra fine gold all the way up. and for the price of the gold hog high banker you could pay for the gold hog and the Lil monster Tromel that goes with the gold cube. the way the gold cube works is it pushes everything underwater. so any gold that may be floating ontop the water cause the water retention can't float cause its pushed under. not once but 2 3 times.
personally I'd say get the gold cube and the gold banker. it's not the Tromel, but the gold banker is made to catch nuggets and works great for river, rocks, clay, mud yuck silt clay stuff that I have here nasty like swamp mud. sand and pretty much everything. I mean if your serious about a highbanker then gold cube is the way to go. for pickers and nuggets all the way down to gold you can't see unless you have a loupe. it's made especially for gold that small. even gold hog uses and sells them cause there that good.
I'd check them out before deciding and the gold cube and gold banker kit would save you money.
so that's my 2 cents

Last edited:
OP
OP
allenkeeton

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the idea. I'll keep the sniper for now. as soon as the creeks get back down I'll go back out. Right now the weather is just ridiculous here in the southeast.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
GoodyGuy Thanks for the drawings. You put into pictures what does not translate into words sometimes when using a small Bazooka.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
last time i went out during the flood waters, i had an issue with 6 to 7 colors per pan in my tailings. I talked to mojo and got it all sorted out. the low flow and low fluidization in my trap caused gold to wash out before settling. i know its frustrating but as kevin said, this thing will do what it is designed for. Despite my loss of gold out of the back im still catching more than i ever have with it. Cant complain about losing it if im holding more that previous outings.

Edit: Forgot this tidbit. Some good advice i was given from Mojo is to release my shovelful from the grizzlies and try to "toss" it up to the upstream side of my sluice instead of just dropping a shovel of material at the top to help separate my material before it ever hits the grizzlies.

Last edited:
OP
OP
allenkeeton

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I've got my hand dredge 99% finished. just needs the handle fit in properly. after that i'll be pumping directly into the zooka. the hand dredge uses a 1/4 classifier on the tip since I'm pretty sure there aren't very many nugs where i'm at. if the weather holds up i may hit the creek tomorrow and give it all another go. practice makes perfect.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
last time i went out during the flood waters, i had an issue with 6 to 7 colors per pan in my tailings. I talked to mojo and got it all sorted out. the low flow and low fluidization in my trap caused gold to wash out before settling. i know its frustrating but as kevin said, this thing will do what it is designed for. Despite my loss of gold out of the back im still catching more than i ever have with it. Cant complain about losing it if im holding more that previous outings.

Edit: Forgot this tidbit. Some good advice i was given from Mojo is to release my shovelful from the grizzlies and try to "toss" it up to the upstream side of my sluice instead of just dropping a shovel of material at the top to help separate my material before it ever hits the grizzlies.
I would be willing to bet that you have loses of more than that..... NOTHING captures 100% .... Send me your tailings and I'll clean them up for you.....:laughing7:

Skiddum

Jan 29, 2015
Utah
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just keep working with it. sooner or later it'll become second nature and you'll get in set up and it'll be like wow that went easier than I remember

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread