Help needed for"Artidredge" electric dredge

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello to all i m in a process to build a dredge for a special spot on one of the river i haunt...i need your input here is the spec in my "design":

3" hoze
2M long reinforced suction pipe
The screening etc i will improvise after because i need to think about the size of the object i wanna collect...but i can "RE-Use" my floating serve with has a "Grizzly Bar" screener to avoid to be overfilled with large pebbles

NOW which motor shall i use?????3500 GPH? 1 or 2 ? 12 v standard battery or 24 v Lipo ?

Is a PVC DIY Venturi system long lasting enough???i m planning to buy a aluminum alloy for the nozzle

But i need the whole system to be easy to carry thats why i thought of lipo......

Thanks in advance

RR

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Won't work. In order for a dredge to function you need a POWERFUL pump that push both water volume and pressure. Bilge pumps can't do that, and any pump powerful enough can't be run from a battery.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Please buy one and post video of the results. I have been searching for just such a setup that works great but not willing to risk my own cash on it. If it works I will be the second in line to buy one. It must be able to pull chunky gold.......

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
dredges require alot of power. ALOT! You aren't going to get off easy with any 12v system. the best you could hope for with any 12v pump is to make a good highbanker.

i looked over the one in the link and although it looks good and talks good, you probably aren't going to be dredging much with it unless you are just going around the area sticking it into cracks on the surface. You could save yourself a few hundred and just buy a hand dredge to do the exact same thing.

if you really wanna dredge and not pay alot, just look for a small used dredge. You'll be thankful you did.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
God not very good then..............gonna focus on a floating sieve for now dredge aren't really allowed.....i was thinking of getting authorisation from the Port authority

Will keep you updated

RR

fowledup

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT V/SAT
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Have you looked into a small highbanker/dredge combo? You can move more material manually than what anything 12volt would do.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At the moment i think a floating sieve with different screener will do i m already looking at a petrol engine option any idea of the minimum required for a 3" home i wanna be able to pick up clay pipes bowl buttons large acoin and other artefact..

Thanks again for your technical support guys

RR

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
At the moment i think a floating sieve with different screener will do i m already looking at a petrol engine option any idea of the minimum required for a 3" home i wanna be able to pick up clay pipes bowl buttons large acoin and other artefact..
RR

I'm not sure I follow. can you please clarify a bit more.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep ...................i got a floating sieve with a oven rack which act as Grizzly bars i feed the seeve with a spade or a scoop and look for the goodies(Ferrous or Not) in the basket below...i was planning to feed the seeve with a dredge electric or not i m still working on the project and i m sure it will happen...:)

Tonight i will probably work on the sieve so i will add pictures

RR

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the process of building a pvc 12v snipe dredge for a special application. I've got the venturie setup made with a 1" nozzle, made specifically for cleaning out cracks underwater but with only about a foot of lift. I've tested it in my garage with a 1000 gph 12v pump from harbor freight and it works but has a little trouble sucking up anything over 4 grams. I'm looking to try a 1500 to 2000 gph pump and if it works better my next step is to attach it to my bazooka in a away that directs flow of material properly. I would say that it will work based on what my tinkering with the smaller nozzle size. I only need it to clean out bedrock cracks where the material is small enough, I'll shovel whatever I can in the bazooka first.. for it to work you need to keep the nozzle size down along with lift, it should work great in the application I intend to use it but we will see.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Asmbandits!i m working on the application with the port authority for now ,but probably gonna make myself a high banker

RR

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had a look online regarding the pump and the floats or pontoon i need to think carfelly about the recovery system for the artefacts.........quest goes on....i m thinking g about a 3" pump 6,5hp

RR

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if you want a 3" suction, you don't need a 3" pump. The job of the pump is to pump a good volume and pressure of water (1.5 - 2 inch hose) of water into what gold dredgers call a jet-log. That high pressure flow pushes all that water in the 3" jet log forward to the classification system creating a vacuum behind it.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Jason It is still on a paper project but artefact i want to recover are good sizes from coins to clay pipes bowls and stem what will you advise for screener.....shall i take a picture with a mesuring tape to be a bit more explicit of the size of the artefact i m planning to recover??

RR

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is going to depend as much on the type of natural gravel in your waterway. Generally, you want your screen just small enough to catch the smallest object yet letting as much rock and debris flow through.

If everything on the bottom is sand and silt, then I would say to go with 1/4 inch screen, but if you have gravels then you will load up your basket VERY fast.

OP
OP
Rivers rat

Rivers rat

Oct 21, 2012
LONDON UK
Detector(s) used
Deus/Laser scout
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes i thought about that ...it is going to load fast .....i was thinking about a grizzly bars system too but no anyway i m still looking so you think that a 2" pump on a 3" hoze will be alright then

Thanks

RR

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
341634-20121004234137-wayne-gas-powered-utility-pump.jpg

If you're talking about one of these for a 2" pump, then yes, that will do just fine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread