MOCK UP OF A HIGHBANKER KIT FOR MY BAZOOKA PROSECTOR (i hope it works)

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It looks like a really nice build if it works out well , I would buy one from you . I'm just waiting to see it work ,don't be afraid to put it on the market after you test it . You may have a winner that might make you rich , don't show so may pictures I have done stuff that , That I've made to find out others have pattened after viewing stuff , that I have made and never thought of being worth a patten . JMHO and experiance .

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Angus MacKirk, 48" BGT Prospector, and a pan.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank you all for the kudos, encouragement, and suggestions. I ordered the pump and hoses today. Should be here next week. It is a 250gpm 3" trash pump so water supply should not be an issue. Had 19" of snow over the last 3 days so there is no rush on getting it here quick. As far as a cover on the headerbox, I am trying to simulate a stream as much as possible with the design so I will adjust water flow fromthe pump to keep the flow under control. Shouldnt be anymore overflow than a good running stream or river edge. Of course this is all theory/hypothesis until the pump gets here and I can start running material. Could easily add a cover if needed.

again thank you all for the kudos, encouragement, and suggestions.

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that sould be enough volume at half throttle. Sucks how heavy a puimp like that is

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
68#, but I wasnt planning on backpacking this thing in anywhere anyway...lol.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its all about dialing in and working out the bugs right with you there man!

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to FINALLY get my beast highbanker wet this weekend!!! Will post pictures and maybe a vide, if I can figure out how to, when I get back.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Whatever you do, do not feed it past midnight.

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well, it was a weekend of failure. Drove up friday afternoon to a private claim near Buena Vista, sampled several spots and found a decent spot 8 colors from one pan, got everything set up then bedded down for the night. Spent most of the night tossing and turning worrying if setting up friday was such a good idea (what if the creek rises and washes away my sluice, pump...etc...what was that noise....?). Did not sleep well. Got up around 6am, stupid ball of fire in the sky. Too early to get started so I wandered around the claim. Headed down to the creek at 8, got everything ready to go. Gassed up the pump pulled the starter cable and....nothing. A few mins later.....duh you need to open the fuel valve!!!. Got the pump running and it wont move water.....?!?!? Spent the next hour, priming the intake and pump retrying and still nothing. Finally a couple other prospectors show up and Ione offers to help out. They brought a highbanker as well. After about 20 mins still no luck. Feeling defeated, I started running the sluice in the creek but with little motivation. About noon clouds rolled in, the wind picked up and it started to snow. Got the car loaded up and headed home. Havent even ran my cons through my miller table. Maybe 1/10 of a gram or less for 3 hrs in the creek.

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Going to get a foot valve (should have had one already) and see if that helps. If not, going to contact the manufacturer and see what can be done.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry to hear of the rough day. Do some testing in the bath tub before the next trip?

rivets

Jan 31, 2016
where I am
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Other
Just the other day I set myself up to hi bank and asked the wife to get the shovel of the back of the truck ... her reply was its not there :icon_pale:.. but I remembered packing it after packing up ??? ... but I had totally forgotten that upon leaving our last venture we got stuck deep in clay and even low 4 just dug us deeper and so had to get out and dig our way out and was so relieved to get back on solid ground ... promptly forgot to put the shovel back in the truck :BangHead: and drove off ... fortunately a friend who came with had one ... but gosh a prospector loosing his shovel has got to be the ultimate fail :sad7:

Anyway after a detour I returned and fortunately found it in the pitch black of night using the phone light

Last edited:

ChrisinCO

Aug 19, 2014
Colorado Springs, CO
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I highly doubt "the boss" would let me run the pump inthe house but I will find some way to test it before I go again.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm not sure if you are aware ChrisinCO but we all are eagerly awaiting your successful Bazooka High Banker. Please make it work.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread