Bucket Fluid bed idea...

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My theory is that the heavy gold settles under larger stones. As water levels rise and fall it cements itself to the larger stones in that mucky clay that is formed. It is just a theory and it's why I wash my rocks and break apart clay. The bucket fluid bed idea here does seem like it could have real potential.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
Oh right. I think it is gold flakes settling into a rock and getting cemented there. The rock may then move and change orientation so what was the top of the rock is no longer but the gold is still adhered to it. But that's just my theory...

I never thought of that! There fore ... it can't be right :P :) :D

I think ... given that you said 'flakes' ...

They are flakes because they got smashed onto the rock (by other big rocks) when the catastrophic flood even occurred which found small gold getting tumbled in rocks.

Do I win?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I never thought of that! There fore ... it can't be right :P :) :D

I think ... given that you said 'flakes' ...

They are flakes because they got smashed onto the rock (by other big rocks) when the catastrophic flood even occurred which found small gold getting tumbled in rocks.

Do I win?

I so don't get you. Sure, you win.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
OK fine. I'll try again. You described the nature of what you find on big rocks as flakes. Flattened out material. I suggest it got that way from being smashed between the rocks. A flow great enough to move big rocks capable of smashing stuff is the volume of flow required to move gold that is even much smaller than said rocks. And thus it gets smoooshed.

Have you started drinking? :D

SpecJet

May 8, 2013
So Cal
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
One addition you could make would be a funnel under the grizzly to move the feed from the grizzly to the center of the round bed.
That would give any gold that falls along the edge of the bucket more time to settle as the feed spreads out towards the exit holes.

Water injection around the edge will make the area above the spray bar very active (loose) and the center of the bed tight.

The added funnel would help to agitate the center with falling water from your grizzly spray bars.

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I feel that the concept of this idea has serious potential. Allow me to ramble my chaotic thoughts on this for a sec. The grizzlies and cleaning of the material needs to be slowed down giving the chance for everything to be cleaned form the rocks that will get ejected. The next thing that I think would need to be dialed in is the fluid bed itself. If the fluid bed was chaotic the gold may not settle out uniformly. If the water flow into the fluid bed was a vortex like the blue bowl I would think the gold would settle neatly on the bottom outside edge of the bucket. I also really like SpecJet's suggestion of a funnel to direct the flow of material as it enters the fluid bed. I think with all our minds collected we can conceive a viable product. We can call it the TNet Bros Grizzly Bucket Au Trap.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would think using some large pex plumbiing pipe would work great , you can shape it in any desigh that you like with in reason and the conectors are easy to use . You can drill it anyway you like , awesome stuff and I use it often for most plumbing , I have replaced most of the copper in my house with the stuff as we have hard water and my copper has only lasted 10 years . I am a believer after talking to my plumbing buddies .

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would also say the more water the better if the rocks are coming of the tailing and there isn't enough water or water preasure off of the tailing , if they are not clean then you don't have enough water or pressure .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread