Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

mike(swWash)

Feb 6, 2008
Grays Harbor in Washington state
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT with about 1/4" of dust on it and can't even remember how t turn it on?!?!?
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looks good, but always remember, no seller is going to admit someone else makes a better product....it's called mining the miner, and it goes back 150 yrs. at least. look into all forums for reviews and actual user info on anything mining.

I won't endorse something without personal experience, and as such I say any sluice not using Doc's Gold Hog mats are far behind and any recovery will be a lot more work.

Sellers that don't upgrade their products very often are stuck in the past and won't work to make buyers more productive.

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the Thomas creek the only thing I wish is to make it fit in a 5 gal bucket and clean up fast as a mackirk and run longer than a hour or so with out a clean up also have experimented with gold hog matts UR, razbk, razrbk and almost the same result might get a piece of down draft too throw in the mix to see if it helps also set up on these is awesome you could almost throw it in the water and set it self up LOL

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
062+1.jpg

Here's a photo from 2012 of my Thomas Creek Top Runner 1 and my BGT Prospector at Clear Creek, Colorado. I run them together and alternate feeding them. About the time I finish feeding one, the other has cleared. Like I said before. The Top Runner's greatest, strength is it's greatest weakness. After about five or six five gallon buckets you're left with all, and I mean all of the heavies which for my area is a whole 5 gallon bucket.

Attachments

• 061.JPG
    061.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 126

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Deep Tech Vista RG 1000, Deep Tech Vista Gold, Deep Tech RELIC, Garrett prop pointer.....bazooka gold 36" gold trap, Angus MacKirk Grubstake sluice, my version of mikes trommel, echo crevice vac, Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there restless spirit I meant to tell you I have the 30/18 toprunner II model which translate to 30" of slick plate and 18" undercurrent or drop zone with three different punch plates the first is a 117th " then jumps to 1/4" and 3/8"?

OP
OP
restless spirit

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's awesome!!!!!!!

AuTSaurus

Feb 22, 2007
So. Ca.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur, Goldbug2, Fisher CZ, White's Goldmaster, Vallon
Hey there restless spirit I meant to tell you I have the 30/18 toprunner II model which translate to 30" of slick plate and 18" undercurrent or drop zone with three different punch plates the first is a 117th " then jumps to 1/4" and 3/8"?

Vaquero44,

Did you recently purchase this sluice? I am also looking for a Top Runner II.

Thanks for jump starting this thread/make of sluice, restless spirit.

OP
OP
restless spirit

restless spirit

Mar 6, 2016
pa
Detector(s) used
garrett at pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you bet I just think it would be awesome or the places I sluice/

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Ive been emailing Andy Schuere (desiner/maker of the sluice) about making these again but hes really busy at work and in the process of buying a home down in Texas BUT he said if-n-when all is said and done he MIGHT get back into making these. He dod some nice work on these !

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
What I always liked about my Top Runner is that it's the size of the BGT Prospector, but you can feed it faster and it's more of a self cleaning design. I would buy a Top Runner II if Andy started making them again.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I did find a member here last year that had one brand new he never used it and the poor guy went through hell and high water to ship it I gave $300 for it and I'm not sorry though the shipping alone was $100.00 reed lukens has given the approval on these units too which he has a test vid too also would like to find someone to that has used a calsluice 2b and the real skinny on it I really like that design too

tvanwho

Jul 15, 2005
indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo ST, Whites MXT and TDi,Garrett AT Pro and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That would be me Vaquero....and I almost got assaulted in the Maine woods by a dog

I guess that would have to be yours truly here in Illinois , Vaquero. And then I found out later that FedEx had a place near me that accepted owner packages without the HUGE markup associated with the UPS/FedEx stores owned by private businesses, altho I fergot to ask the approx shipping cost on the sluice, too late now tho..
But unfortunately for me and Russ, there seem to be US Govt legal issues with shipping any used gas engines/pumps that have had gasoline in them, EVER. I got a WX10 pump, used off Ebay, and the seller never mentioned such issues. Maybe he did not tell UPS that the unit had seen some use? FedEx told me I would need to have my used WX15 pump cleaned and certified by professionals and it would still cost double the normal shipping charge of around $30 on a new ,never used pump. They had no idea what the cleaning charge would be. And it absolutely could NOT be shipped by air, ground only !!!

I hope ol Russ was able to get himself a pump in the meantime.....I saw a guy on Ebay selling a used dredge setup with the P90 pump Russ had wanted, dunno if he would split it up....but them shipping issues might happen with UPS too?

Ps, I was in Maine last summer and about got my face chewed off by a white Labrador dog and its female owner for no apparent reason while prospecting the East Branch of Swift river. I won't get into details unless you really wanna know. I almost think now the woman and her beast were ghosts guarding a crystal gemstone I was looking for, but as real looking/talking as we are..

yes I did find a member here last year that had one brand new he never used it and the poor guy went through hell and high water to ship it I gave $300 for it and I'm not sorry though the shipping alone was $100.00 reed lukens has given the approval on these units too which he has a test vid too also would like to find someone to that has used a calsluice 2b and the real skinny on it I really like that design too

Last edited:

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there TVvanwho man I've had terrible mental block lately but I really love the sluice you sold me and thanks again for shipping it to me and I'm sorry to hear about your excursion on the swift river but I've heard of ghost tales on that river too believe it or not

vaquero44

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2009
Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
trying to get some vids in action here

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice, good start. let's see some material going thru sluice, so we can see stratification. Looks like good sluice.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread