OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So assuming you get a good product designed... whos the operations guy? Logistics is pretty important in business.

Quick point -- in adhering to site rules and supporting this site, Hunt4Gold has upgraded to Charter Member (waiting for icon to reflect this) and is in process of becoming a supporting vendor.

Our products will be sold through our web site's store. The web site will be launched in 2-3 weeks and includes information about the new fluid bed designs, shopping, videos and photos of people operating sluices in field (and our recirculating water system we use to test design concepts), overview of our approach to designing and fabrication, FAQ, blog, etc. - normal site content. Phase one will be extensive Internet marketing, including social media marketing (have someone who specializes in this area) using Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, forums, blogs, etc. Phase two will include identifying international distribution sites (prospecting companies) in countries like Australia and Europe. Other typical marketing approaches will be used, like writing articles, blogs, etc. We will also be looking into trade shows.

Fabrication is being handled by a large plastic fabrication facility here in Denver. Products will be thermoformed in two pieces and bonded together to provide consistent and accurate products, which will enhance operation performance. A multi-spindled drill rig is used to drill holes for grizzlies - this is critical to maintaining precise spacing of grizzlies and clearing of material over grizzlies and across transport deck above capture chamber. Hand drilling will not provide this. Warehousing, packaging, shipping, and R&D will take place at our new office/shop in Littleton, CO.

OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool. How'd it go? That looks a lot like a Bazooka. Is that the before picture?

The general shape of most sluices are similar, due to a global practicality in basic design concepts. For example, at a glance riffle sluices look similar. So yes, at a glance, the general shape is similar to the Bazooka series of sluices. As an owner of a Bazooka sniper, I wanted to have in my collection, a sluice just a little larger for different conditions. So I created an exact 3D model of the sniper to help me better understand its functional design. By examining the old sluice's design and having ran hundreds of buckets of material though one, I gained a better understand what works well and what could be improved. During this process, I identified several potential changes to the design that potentially would improve setup, general operational functions, and the capture and retention of gold. Utilizing my background in science and design (at times this overly logical approach to things get rather tedious and annoys my family!), I started redesigning various parts of the fluid bed sluice. With the help of an engineer (extensive experience in fluid dynamics) we came up with 11 design updates to the old Bazooka sluice - again, these design changes relate to a variety of thing that improves setup, general operational functions, and the capture and retention of gold. And some changes address features that other fluid bed sluice users want. So while it looks like previous models of fluid be sluices, you will begin to identify several design differences that range from quite obvious to ones that require closer study and use to understand. Over the next two weeks we will be posting photos and videos of the new fluid bed sluice — from both field testing and from testing in our recirculation water system test environment that is being used to test our design changes.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The general shape of most sluices are similar, due to a global practicality in basic design concepts. For example, at a glance riffle sluices look similar. So yes, at a glance, the general shape is similar to the Bazooka series of sluices. As an owner of a Bazooka sniper, I wanted to have in my collection, a sluice just a little larger for different conditions. So I created an exact 3D model of the sniper to help me better understand its functional design. By examining the old sluice's design and having ran hundreds of buckets of material though one, I gained a better understand what works well and what could be improved. During this process, I identified several potential changes to the design that potentially would improve setup, general operational functions, and the capture and retention of gold. Utilizing my background in science and design (at times this overly logical approach to things get rather tedious and annoys my family!), I started redesigning various parts of the fluid bed sluice. With the help of an engineer (extensive experience in fluid dynamics) we came up with 11 design updates to the old Bazooka sluice - again, these design changes relate to a variety of thing that improves setup, general operational functions, and the capture and retention of gold. And some changes address features that other fluid bed sluice users want. So while it looks like previous models of fluid be sluices, you will begin to identify several design differences that range from quite obvious to ones that require closer study and use to understand. Over the next two weeks we will be posting photos and videos of the new fluid bed sluice — from both field testing and from testing in our recirculation water system test environment that is being used to test our design changes.

You are doing exactly what I would be doing.....IF... I were 20 years younger that is. :tongue3:
Retired for 6 years now and loving it !

Wishing you all the best in your endeavor. :icon_thumright:

GG~

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You are doing exactly what I would be doing.....IF... I were 20 years younger that is. :tongue3:
Retired for 6 years now and loving it !

Wishing you all the best in your endeavor. :icon_thumright:

GG~

GG - Really appreciate your comments. I respect your experience and knowledge and to all the folks supporting this endeavor - thanks.
Taking this on is a lot of work and research. I could have just built replicas of the Bazooka, but that is not my goal here. The goal is to discover ways to make a good sluice better, which I believe we are accomplishing.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt4gold, read my pm, this thread will disappear soon.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This will be our last post on this thread, as it has too much marketing in it. We are in the process of becoming a supporting vendor and will be advertising on this site, so you can access information on our web site about our sluices from our advertisement.

The Gilded Lens

Oct 13, 2014
The Sierra Nevadas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 14" Pan, Garrett 15" Super Sluice Pan, Bazooka 36" Sniper,
Hand Dredge
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You don't have to name it Gilded, but if you need anyone to test it in NorCal... ;)

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A few unsolicited name suggestions for your new product:

CobbleRobber
StreamScrubber
The TRAPezoid (you know, it has a trap and the shape is kinda trapezoidal...heh, heh)

Can't wait to pick one up...best of luck to you!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quick point -- in adhering to site rules and supporting this site, Hunt4Gold has upgraded to Charter Member (waiting for icon to reflect this) and is in process of becoming a supporting vendor.

Our products will be sold through our web site's store. The web site will be launched in 2-3 weeks and includes information about the new fluid bed designs, shopping, videos and photos of people operating sluices in field (and our recirculating water system we use to test design concepts), overview of our approach to designing and fabrication, FAQ, blog, etc. - normal site content. Phase one will be extensive Internet marketing, including social media marketing (have someone who specializes in this area) using Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, forums, blogs, etc. Phase two will include identifying international distribution sites (prospecting companies) in countries like Australia and Europe. Other typical marketing approaches will be used, like writing articles, blogs, etc. We will also be looking into trade shows.

Fabrication is being handled by a large plastic fabrication facility here in Denver. Products will be thermoformed in two pieces and bonded together to provide consistent and accurate products, which will enhance operation performance. A multi-spindled drill rig is used to drill holes for grizzlies - this is critical to maintaining precise spacing of grizzlies and clearing of material over grizzlies and across transport deck above capture chamber. Hand drilling will not provide this. Warehousing, packaging, shipping, and R&D will take place at our new office/shop in Littleton, CO.

I'm wondering if you incorporated into your design the ability to convert your sluices into a highbanker and if you would be offering a highbanker kit? :icon_thumright:
There was a demand for a kit from Bazooka and a prototype was tested but it never materialized as an option.

I've had great success using my version of a bgt as a highbanker when up against low and no flow stream situations. The only real expense I foresee in offering a kit would be for the pump.

GG~

Last edited:

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some people work on these kinds of projects without advertising prematurely. I think the fluid bed sluice market is going to explode soon as Hunt4gold is not the only person working diligently on this sort of thing.... Shhhh!!! wait for the surprises that are coming.......Yes, highbanker set up as well.

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Build 'em and let the best product win! Of course, making a product is one thing...running a successful business is a whole different animal. From that standpoint, it seems like Hunt4Gold has his ducks in a row. Now, if he'll just put the name of the product on the side in big, bright letters that can be seen clearly from 30 yards away, he'll REALLY be on to something! :tongue3:

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The more, the merrier as far as I'm concerned. Build 'em and let the best product win! Of course, making a product is one thing...running a successful business is a whole different animal. From that standpoint, it seems like Hunt4Gold has his ducks in a row. Now, if he'll just put the name of the product on the side in big, bright letters that can be seen clearly from 30 yards away, he'll REALLY be on to something! :tongue3:

Just because I'm not broadcasting what I'm up to doesn't mean I don't " Have my ducks in a row". Doing things right the first time and going through the proper channels takes time. We don't all give up the farm before the harvest.... Just sayin'

HardHatMatt

Mar 15, 2016
Colorado
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't mean to imply otherwise; I mentioned Hunt's "ducks" because he's shared some elements of his plan. I couldn't comment on your ducks because you've only offered vague hints (which I do find a little amusing, given that you seem to be criticizing Hunt for doing just that.) However, I wouldn't necessarily agree that what Hunt is doing could be called "giving up the farm before the harvest." In my experience, "soft-launching," building hype and being "first to market" is a strategy that can often yield solid results. Either way, best of luck to you...we'll be looking forward to seeing your product once you are ready for your formal launch.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some people work on these kinds of projects without advertising prematurely. I think the fluid bed sluice market is going to explode soon as Hunt4gold is not the only person working diligently on this sort of thing.... Shhhh!!! wait for the surprises that are coming.......Yes, highbanker set up as well.

Looking forward to seeing your build. I liked the detachable trap idea on your early model. :icon_thumleft:

GG~

Last edited:

Mike311

Apr 27, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently moved to Vegas and became interested in prospecting. I've only gone panning a few times and so far it's been a blast. I've been researching what sluice to buy and concluded that I need the unobtainable Bazooka. I'm eagerly awaiting the release of this new and improved sluice! =)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
To all folks interested in fluid bed sluices - we will be releasing information on May 5th about three sizes of sluices, as well as access to our web site for information about models, highbanker under development, and support leg assembly for in-stream setup.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all folks interested in fluid bed sluices - we will be releasing information on May 5th about three sizes of sluices, as well as access to our web site for information about models, highbanker under development, and support leg assembly for in-stream setup.

One more day :occasion14:

dsrtdwg1

Sep 3, 2015
Brawley
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Gold Monster 1000, Keene 212v Puffer Dry Washer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looking forward to buying one......just waiting for the site to go live and pull the trigger!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread