NEW GENERATION OF FLUID BED SLUICES

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Within a week or so, we will be posting information about a NEW GENERATION OF FLUID BED SLUICES that will be entering the prospecting world. As a satisfied user of the Bazooka sluices, I was sad to see that the product was no longer being made. Wanting a larger unit (I have the sniper model) I started backward engineering the sluice. During this process, I began to realize that there were several design changes that could improve the product. Let me take a step back here… For the past 20 years I have design and fabricated exhibits for museums and visitor centers. Part of this work includes the design and development of mechanical interactives, everything from a scaled, working model of gold ore stamp mill to demonstrating how a transfer case works. Working with an engineering expert — more than 40-years experience in fluid dynamics — and a few other prospectors in Colorado with extensive experience with Bazooka sluices, I began redesigning the fluid bed sluice. There are more than eight major design changes to the old style fluid bed sluices. This product is not just replicating the Bazooka sluice, but a significant design change in not only the fluid bed chamber, but the overall profile of the sluice. At this point we are testing the redesigned new fluid bed design, both in the field and in a controlled recirculating water system and preparing to have thermoform molds made for mass production. This will not be a home cutout/assembly project – we will be producing precision-made products in volume to fulfill orders as the come in. Our goal is to start fabrication and shipping products in May. Keep an eye on the Sluice Post section at TNet for more information…

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
can't wait to see it

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Now I like the way you have done your testing and results! Your testing reminds me of Docs approach to his Gold Hog mats and equipment ! I'm to old & beat up to use this (shovel) for very long BUT I'd love to test one for you ! KevinCO would be a EXCELLENT tester / evaluator for this also. Im very interested in a video of its operation!

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now I like the way you have done your testing and results! Your testing reminds me of Docs approach to his Gold Hog mats and equipment ! I'm to old & beat up to use this (shovel) for very long BUT I'd love to test one for you ! KevinCO would be a EXCELLENT tester / evaluator for this also. Im very interested in a video of its operation!

Funny you'd mention that. We just agreed to get together for the first field testing on Sunday! Should be interesting :)

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You can name it the goldenmojo for a cut of the profits.....

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Goldenmojozooka. IDK kind of a mouthful.

OP
OP
Hunt4gold

Hunt4gold

Oct 20, 2016
Colorado, Littleton
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

Starting next week we will be posting photos and videos of controlled tests and field tests with some Colorado-based people that have extensive experience with the older style fluid bed sluices. About the same time we will start to reveal photos showing the sluices new design features.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There needs to be some Mother Lode testing

Gorilla Mining conditions

Chris Wanz

Greenie
Mar 16, 2017
Oakdale California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATX Gold Detector , GARRETT PRO-POINTER AT, GOLD HOG MULTI SLUICE , GOLD HOG RAPTOR , BARE WETSUIT, TUSA MASK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm interested in possibly purchasing one of your larger units. Good luck with your tests, I'll keep coming here for release date information or you can message me here also if you'd like to, that would be great... Thanks!

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought you were a go getter from reading your posts. I'll be looking for a prospector size. You could call it wild sluice with no cut for me! ha ha

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hunt4gold,
Very interesting, glad to see someone took on this project with the zeal you've indicated, should be worth your while! Looking quite forward to viewing the pictures and videos of the product and testing!......................63bkpkr

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We did some early prototype testing on Sunday. Here's H4G feeding the prototype:)
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1491935903.183036.jpg

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Cool. How'd it go? That looks a lot like a Bazooka. Is that the before picture?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
This version already works slightly better than the Bazooka. More refinements being done now :)

Golden_Crab

Mar 28, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So assuming you get a good product designed... whos the operations guy? Logistics is pretty important in business.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread