Ez Sluice (tee dee sluice) PICS

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello everyone,
I just received my EZ sluice and since it was so difficult to find some closeup photos online when researching,... I decided to post a few here for anyone else interested. I will be making some removable bars to place across the sluice as seen on many other plastic sluice box's so that I have a place to put rocks for weight without causing stress or damage to the plastic. I will add photos of them as well when finished.

tmp_28905-20171013_163547709387745.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_163556581657240.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_163601882554329.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_1636131462399052.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_1636211630456085.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_1636441977052363.jpg

tmp_28905-20171013_163652451943301.jpg

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best of luck with your new sluice... Looking forward to seeing some color in it!

Appreciate the attempt :-P I am looking forward to seeing some color in it as well. It may not be top notch but it beats panning everything and was inexpensive enough and light enough to justify to myself for the moment. I haven't given up on the idea of fluid bed or grizzly. It just isn't in the budget just yet.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
other than the le trap. the TEE DEE may be one of the first plastic sluices with molded in riffles " deep V" They also have an up angle built in.

I had one for years. I lost the flare of the top of a vehicle driving through the Yukon once. Sold the box before I left Alaska that year.

Seeing that its a Jobe product and I'm a dealer I guess I'll get a few in the store.

Probably a good little sluice to use for rentals.

You can pull the moss and riffles and run it lower flow also.

GrizzlyGoldTrap

Feb 24, 2017
Colorado
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Appreciate the attempt :-P I am looking forward to seeing some color in it as well. It may not be top notch but it beats panning everything and was inexpensive enough and light enough to justify to myself for the moment. I haven't given up on the idea of fluid bed or grizzly. It just isn't in the budget just yet.

I think the EZ sluice works well and am excited you found a sluice that fits your needs - no other meaning. There are lots of good products out there - pans, sluices, highbankers, etc. that capture gold and are fun to use. Honestly, you will do well with the EZ sluice and it will be fun to watch the colors appear as it works -its a good product.

arizau

Bronze Member
May 2, 2014
AZ
Detector(s) used
Beach High Banker, Sweep Jig, Whippet Dry Washer, Lobo ST, 1/2 width 2 tray Gold Cube, numerous pans, rocker box, and home made fluid bed and stream sluices.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't realize looking the riffles were molded, I thought that was a matt. How does cleanup work?

Looks pretty easy but I will not find out until this upcoming weekend.

Obsessive

Apr 16, 2017
NW Portland, OR
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/MI-6 w/ HF/XF/LF
Tesoro Cibola / Land and Sea pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice. Thanks for sharing. I've been looking to get a sluice and I look forward to hearing what you think of this one after putting it to use.

BMOLLMAN

Greenie
Oct 10, 2013
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like my EZ for backpacking, low-flow streams, and recirculating setup like here.
20171007_121048.jpg

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one of those. The first thing you need to do is ditch the miners moss it is too thick and doesn't let the first two work riffles properly put some carpet in it instead. It will run 100% better. While you have the riffles out, file the tabs that hold them in at an angle this helps to release them for a clean-up. and put another bolt in the center of the flair I found it flexes with just two it messes up the water flow. I'm not knocking it I like mine for quick prospecting in a new area. One of my friends uses it when he visits and loves it. I can't leave things alone if you do those things to it you'll enjoy it a lot more.

OP
OP
oidium45

oidium45

Mar 6, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got one of those. The first thing you need to do is ditch the miners moss it is too thick and doesn't let the first two work riffles properly put some carpet in it instead. It will run 100% better. While you have the riffles out, file the tabs that hold them in at an angle this helps to release them for a clean-up. and put another bolt in the center of the flair I found it flexes with just two it messes up the water flow. I'm not knocking it I like mine for quick prospecting in a new area. One of my friends uses it when he visits and loves it. I can't leave things alone if you do those things to it you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Funny you mention that. I was already planning on sanding down the tabs on the riffles after the first use. Seemed like the way to go! As far as a third screw in the flair, I added washers and tightened the hell out of the thumbscrews. It seems to hold pretty well and so far I like having the ability to be able to flex it just a bit to increase water flow. I may hate it later.. Just my 2 cents after one run... As far as the moss, I was actually considering some of the gold hog EPDM Rubber Mats or something similar.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being able to flex it a bit is nice on occasion, I thought about switching out the moss but it works just fine the way it was designed, you just need to clean the moss out every time you stop running material or it will continue grabbing flow sand if it's just sitting in the river and clog up. Run a bucket or 2 then clean up by dumping the whole sluice in a bucket of water and just splash the mm clean. You don't need to take the mm out every time, just watch it and clean it when it starts to look full.

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine boomed right up with the moss it seemed to be extra thick and was packed tight up under the riffles. Kept blowing gold out of the end I tried everything to make it run right ended up changing out the moss like night and day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread