Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree21Likes
  • 2 Post By SRP_KBell
  • 1 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 2 Post By SRP_KBell
  • 2 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 1 Post By delnorter
  • 1 Post By SRP_KBell
  • 2 Post By KevinInColorado
  • 3 Post By SunshineMiner
  • 4 Post By SRP_KBell
  • 3 Post By SRP_KBell

Thread: New Fluid Dynamics Sluice from Snake River Products

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    74 times
    Prospecting

New Fluid Dynamics Sluice from Snake River Products

We have finalized a new 30” sluice model called the Titan and completed final prototype testing. This sluice features an 8 inch square capture area with a deeper trap and stronger fluidization to accommodate quick and thorough processing of higher volumes of material.

This sluice is designed to run unclassified material, either by direct shoveling or being poured from a bucket. It features a thicker 3/16” material deck, reinforced sub-frame and a stronger .050 aluminum tray cover to withstand the increased impact stress of constant shoveling and elimination of larger material. Of course the sluice to can still process high volumes of classified material.

Here are a few pictures of the new model and a sample of the gold we got during final testing:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SRP_Titan1.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	2.54 MB 
ID:	1514666

Name:	SRP_Titan2.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	2.66 MB 
ID:	1514667

Name:	SRP_Titan3.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	1514668

Name:	SRP_Titan4.JPG 
Views:	58 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	1514669

There is also a very brief video on our SRP YouTube channel showing the Titan in action. You have to excuse our crude shoveling techniques since we are not used to processing material this way! It has been a very “enlightening” process for sure.

I have contacted KInC to continue the testing and provide additional feedback since he is familiar with our products. I’m sure he will provide additional information and pictures and his testing progresses.
    Last edited by SRP_KBell; Nov 10, 2017 at 11:18 PM.
    winners58 and Oddjob like this.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    9177 times
    Prospecting
    I’m excited to be involved in seeing what this can do...looks good!
    russau likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jan 2016
    North Saguache county between Gunnison and Monarch Pass
    F2
    777 times
    Prospecting
    Will you be making a bigger model and how much?

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    74 times
    Prospecting
    JB300 -

The goal of this project was to create a larger, more robust sluice that can easily handle direct shoveling yet is lightweight and manageable to carry. 30" is a good compromise of power and portability. Flare is wide enough for both shoveling and bucketing of unclassified material.

The amazing part is that trap capacity has increased by 52% over the Expedition! Larger capacity means fewer cleanouts and resets, although they still take less than a minute. One of the hardest things for me to get over is that desire to stop shoveling and see the gold...!

Projected retail will be around $185 with a targeted release date in early January - I will be gathering final production costs once testing is complete.
    Last edited by SRP_KBell; Nov 11, 2017 at 01:31 PM.
    KevinInColorado and Oddjob like this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump, bench top rod mill, Whippet drywasher
    9177 times
    Prospecting
    Now you can see what’s Kevin asked me to do some field testing...my kind of sluice!
    SRP_KBell and russau like this.

Mar 2016
    156 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Not be rude or anything, how exactly does this fulfill a market demand when it's already being done by another company... I don't want to say "better"... but you are fighting an uphill battle trying to create the same product with a different name. Needs to do something the other doesn't that makes it a more appealing buy.

us
    Oct 2008
    Fort Dick, Ca.
    743 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I prefer a Dodge diesel over a Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, etc. ! Ha ha.

Mike
    Last edited by delnorter; Nov 12, 2017 at 09:53 AM.
    Clay Diggins likes this.

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    74 times
    Prospecting
    GC -

First we have been "in the market" for several years now and no we have not created the same product - It is a completely different design that utilizes water velocity and flow to wash incoming material, extracting the heavies and eliminating the lighter waste. The upper half of the trap remains clear to receive the next volume of incoming material - Exchange of material happens extremely fast. This sluice has similar throughput to a FB sluice of similar size but the efficiency is much higher which means increased recovery of super fine gold. We are still in final testing and there may be some final changes but I am very satisfied with what I've seen of the Titan so far. I believe KinC will validate our findings and provide important feedback

People may ask why the change? You've touted the necessity of classification for years. This is true and I still believe fine gold recovery goes up dramatically when you classify (1/4" - 1/2" is my norm based on water conditions). The bottom line is there is a section of the market that doesn't want to classify - If I want to increase the market share of my company then I need to include products that customers demand.

Does one sluice fit all? No. This is why we sell an A52 insert. Miners who already own this product can expand its capabilities without altering their sluice. Bottom line: I believe that SRP needs to provide miners a full range of products that can be used throughout the season. Our goal is also to provide innovative products at affordable prices.

DelNorter - Ford all the way.
    delnorter likes this.

us

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    9177 times
    Prospecting
    I’m a Ford guy too
    delnorter and Clay Diggins like this.

us
    Soakin' Up the Sunshine

Jun 2014
    Someplace Sunny, California
    Garrett Infinium LS
    167 times
    Prospecting
    Ummmmm, so im blasphemous? I own a ford AND a chevy 0.o

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    74 times
    Prospecting
    Well I wrestled the Titan away from my buddy Shaun - he was having really great results! Time to pack it up and send it off to KinC. I will be also making a stand adapter for Kevin to test.

Hope to ship it out by Monday - stay tuned.

us
    Apr 2017
    Galt, CA
    74 times
    Prospecting
    Here are a couple photos:
    First is the gold Shaun got on the last day with the Titan.

Name:	Titan_Gold.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	882.8 KB 
ID:	1517506

The other is the Titan on our SRP Stand - This also has the adapter I mentioned in my earlier post installed for direct shoveling.

Name:	Titan_Stand.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	3.55 MB 
ID:	1517507

I can also create similar adapters to fit Bazooka, GGT or other sluices, which would eliminate the need for a bungee. If anyone is interested please use the contact page on snakeriverproducts.com to provide me your info, sluice type and model. I'll call you back to finalize.
    Last edited by SRP_KBell; Nov 18, 2017 at 07:17 PM.

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links