Attachable bucket classifier for fluid bed sluice

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just wanted to share this little contraption I came up with to help process clay rich material through a fluid bed sluice. I've been working an area that pays good but is tough to process due to clay, this helps break up the clay before it goes over the trap. I have had good success with it so far, its very easy to make, you should be able to figure it out just by looking at it. I figured id share as it has helped me a lot and hopefully will help others.

The wire screen is 1/2" mesh, and seemed to work just right.

Last edited:

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I like the concept but I would like to see it running with a shovel full of river gravel.:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the concept but I would like to see it running with a shovel full of river gravel.:thumbsup:

Yes I know I really could have showed more and explained it better, it was an after thought after making another video which I posted not long ago on my journal thread and in the gold prospectors thread. I figured most wont see it but I thought this idea deserved some sharing so I decided to pull a clip from that video to share.

If you happen to check out that video, towards the end there is footage of me feeding it and the gold I get from it.

It still requires you to break up the clay, but it holds the wad of clay back until its is dissolved completely rather than partially before it travels over the grizzly.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck yes, worked good enough that I will for sure use it in the future[emoji106]

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes I know I really could have showed more and explained it better, it was an after thought after making another video which I posted not long ago on my journal thread and in the gold prospectors thread. I figured most wont see it but I thought this idea deserved some sharing so I decided to pull a clip from that video to share.

If you happen to check out that video, towards the end there is footage of me feeding it and the gold I get from it.

It still requires you to break up the clay, but it holds the wad of clay back until its is dissolved completely rather than partially before it travels over the grizzly.

Looks like it worked well. Nice video! Looking forward to your next one.

OP
OP
Asmbandits

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm headed back up soon but I'm afraid the water flow will prevent me from doing much with the recent storms.

If I'll able to run I will get some good footage demonstrating it in use and post.

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My best spots have lots of sticky gooey clay in which I find my best gold. I was thinking about making a rake or something to hold back the clay balls so they could dissolve, this looks like a good solution that doesnt involve drilling holes in my precious bazooka sluice.

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thank for sharing your idea and it looks like it works pretty good.
davin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread