GGT Motherlode.......

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Now that I've got the Motherlode load out a few times and figured the right set-up, flow needed , etc. I'm warming up to it quite nicely!!!! I've read others post about how the GGT's catch the fine stuff pretty darned good but I was kinda skeptical? Well not anymore....been doing real good on catching the fine stuff and quite impressed now that I've spent some time with the Motherlode....:icon_thumright::icon_thumright::icon_thumright:....:notworthy:

SunshineMiner

Jun 2, 2014
Someplace Sunny, California
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks for sharing! I was considering getting a Motherlode or explorer myself. I'm leaning toward the Motherlode, more shoveling, less cleanups. Any pics or vids to share?

Last edited:
OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Any pics or vids to share?

Here's a pic that shows some of the fines kinda separated from the chunkier stuff to give an idea of what the Motherlode will catch. There's some REALLY small stuff you probably can't even see? I've been impressed and surprised at the same time!!!!!!!!

fines1.JPG

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! It is a great sluice!
What do you classify to? My smallest is -100, there's gold so small I need my loop to see it.

OP
OP
oneguy

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice! It is a great sluice!
What do you classify to? My smallest is -100, there's gold so small I need my loop to see it.

Utah... I can't honestly answer your question as I don't understand the -100 stuff..????? I don't classify with the GGT except for picking larger rocks off the shovel and then run the material from the GGT cleanout (about 4 hrs worth digging) thru 1/4" classifier then bring that home and do a final in Super Sluice pan...that's it. I have a small finishing pan I don't use because i'm more comfy with the SS pan for some reason? Sometimes if I snuffer some fines I let them ad up a little and dry then do the blow air thing on paper to separate......

I do need a loop at times to see all the fines....

This season (when snows gone) I'm gonna try and focus more on cherry picking with detector than digging/sluicing. The digging is just too hard on my back and I can't move enough dirt, so we'll see how the detecting goes?

good luck out there

Last edited:

utah mason

Jul 10, 2015
utah
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Utah... I can't honestly answer your question as I don't understand the -100 stuff..????? I don't classify with the GGT except for picking larger rocks off the shovel and then run the material from the GGT cleanout (about 4 hrs worth digging) thru 1/4" classifier then bring that home and do a final in Super Sluice pan...that's it. I have a small finishing pan I don't use because i'm more comfy with the SS pan for some reason? Sometimes if I snuffer some fines I let them ad up a little and dry then do the blow air thing on paper to separate......

I do need a loop at times to see all the fines....

This season (when snows gone) I'm gonna try and focus more on cherry picking with detector than digging/sluicing. The digging is just too hard on my back and I can't move enough dirt, so we'll see how the detecting goes?

good luck out there
I'm talking about classifying your cons. It makes it easier to separate the gold out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread