First time

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really don’t know what I’m doing, but I threw this together
I’m not sure what to do at this point
I know I wash a lot out in the bucket playing around with sluice ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1526700941.943477.jpg

The1rod

Jan 18, 2018
Hudson co
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like your getting alot of fine heavies, so that's a step in the right direction, just gotta throw that in a pan now and see what gold is there. What is the sluice setup, and how are you running it? With a little more information I'm sure everyone on here can get you going in the right direction.

s2ndjetli

Apr 25, 2018
Summit County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I concur... Time to do a "washout" of your mats and carpet. DONT loose any of the material as your gonna need to pan all that material and there may be color in there, essentially your washing rock and doing some extreme filtering.. as 1rod stated we need some detail.. Also what state are you in as this makes a difference in what kind of gold to watch for.. Here on the east coast we get flour gold where as the west coast heading north you get some good size pickers.. Either way its a great hobby or journey to pursue...welcome aboard.. btw: it can become investment heavy, watch yourself.

Underburden

Mar 22, 2012
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Gold Hog Stream Sluice
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Appears to be a bedliner cut into a sluice...been there-done that.

OP
OP
M

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey thanks
It’s a drain pipe.
On the east coast.
I haven’t washed it yet... I guess I need to get something to a siphon it out.

Reed Lukens

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2013
Congres, AZ/ former California Outlawed Gold Miner
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero, Whites MXT, Vsat, GMT, 5900Di Pro, Minelab GPX 5000, GPXtreme, 2200SD, Excalibur 1000!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, looks like a Henry Henry or poop tube sluice. Just rinse the top 6" or so into a pan and use a magnet to get rid of the magnetite and then get the gold out. Wash the rest into a bucket to rerun later.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread