Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: Grizzley Gold Trap is out of business

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Aug 2014
    SoCal
    SDC2300, Whippet, 151, GH, shovel, brain
    314 times
    Prospecting
    Bummer. I think they could have sold them for 20% more than they were asking. Gotta respect people that make a great product for a great price.

I was hoping to sell my two Bazookas in a couple of months and buy one GGT. Guess I should hold off on that :/
    Goldwasher and mytimetoshine like this.

us
    Apr 2017
    Bay Area, CA
    Tesoro Cibola, XP Deus w/ HF coils, & 11" LF. Land and Sea pinpointer
    771 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Yeah man. That's a bummer. Maybe a GoFundMe or kickstarter campaign to raise funds for a new mold would work out.

us
    Apr 2015
    Oshkosh, WI
    1221 times
    I wouldn't mind paying $50 for a set of plans for an explorer. Maybe that's the way to go on with business.

us
    Jun 2013
    El Dorado County
    ROCKING GOLD GRABBER MINI- BGT PROSPECTOR- ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- MILLER TABLE, MULTIPLE SUCKER TUBES, VARIOUS HAND TOOLS, PANS AND CLASSIFERS, FORS GOLD PLUS, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER- DIY ROD MILL
    2976 times
    He needs to find a way to make this work. Its the best fluid bed on the market. And arguably the best sluice. I agree most would have been willing to pay more. I dable in selling and if he could sell for 25% more Thats huge...

Down sizing to just one model is probably best but what size?... I love my nugget model. Easily backpacked. Its ideal. Anything larger is only useful at the bear campground. Thats where 90% of the customers proably are but the best model is the Nugget.
    Last edited by mytimetoshine; Oct 22, 2018 at 11:07 PM.
    KevinInColorado likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldDoozah View Post
    The fact that homo sapiens teach genetically engineered canines tricks, on the third planet of this particular star in the Milky Way, is extremely unlikely.

us
    www.FindingGOLDinColorado.com

Jan 2012
    Summit County, Colorado
    Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer, Bazooka Goldtrap Prospector, Bazooka Goldtrap Sniper highbanker, Bazooka Goldtrap SuperMini, Angus Mackirk Expedition, custom metal sluices, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
    10111 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Capt Nemo View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying $50 for a set of plans for an explorer. Maybe that's the way to go on with business.
    Funny you’d mention that...I just pitched that idea his way a few days ago. Could happen (fingers crossed!)
    winners58 likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    Colorado
    311 times
    Prospecting
    Hi Folks, I appreciate everyones comments on the GGT sluices. The decision to stop production was a difficult one. From the start, our goal was to support the community of fluid bed sluice users and provide products for this group of prospectors. Over the past 18 months, we experienced increases in the cost of raw materials (ABS), two increases in fabrication (thermoforming), and a sizing adjustment to the number of thermoforming blanks that they could cut out of a 4'x8' sheet of ABS, which also increased costs. Then the need to replace the current mold used for the Explorer and Nugget at several thousands of dollars cost. Even without the mold issue (tried to repair but did not work), the cost of producing final products is no longer economical. Down the road, I may produce (not sure yet) a few MotherLode models. Will see... We did of course, ship all orders that were place and will be around to support existing customers, answer questions on setup and operating of sluices, and produce additional setup and operating videos on our sluices that customers have requested. I may also tinker around designing a completely new fluid bed system - for now, heavy pans to all. Hope to see some of you out on the rivers... Dennis - GGT

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1796 times
    Just out of curiosity, what part of the sluice was formed in the mold?
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10690 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    The main tub
    Asmbandits likes this.

Mar 2014
    NorCal
    Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
    1796 times
    I could build one without a mold, I think Todd was possibly doing so as well. I can see now looking at the tub and the change in angle would be the reasoning for a mold to achieve this, but wouldn't be needed but if the taper was the same from front to back as the original bazookas were. I could see making the whole thing out of sheet. More labor intense but possible.
    Come check out my California Mother lode Adventures!---->https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4U...aqFXriPUONmEtw

us
    May 2009
    Sailor Flat, Ca.
    SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, ACME handbook for TRUE prospectors (unread)
    10690 times
    Banner Finds (1)
    K.I.S.S Just templates and glue two guys cutting and building.

Paying other people to make them. will allow for Q.C. issues.

The new attributes did not make it that much better of a sluice. If at all.
    Asmbandits likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2017
    Colorado
    311 times
    Prospecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmbandits View Post
    The bottom and side walls are one part, the transport deck is another part.

us
    Sep 2012
    Tujunga, CA
    Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
    988 times
    Prospecting
    Thanks grizzly. I did a griz/zook hybrid. While I liked the idea the execution was difficult to say the least.

us
    Jan 2015
    San Francisco, Ca
    111 times
    Prospecting
    The grizzly had a flat deck from one end to the other, right? And the material would drop through the grizzlies and then continue on to the fluid chamber? If that’s the case, I would like to hear if that feature was a plus or a minus or just a meh...

Nov 2015
    Minelab SDC 2300, Minelab CTX 3030, Falcon Md 20, and my old Fisher detector, Gold Cube
    45 times
    I would happily buy the plans too

us
    Aug 2012
    SO CAL
    SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, F19 and the Falcon
    1180 times
    Prospecting
    I've used the Grizzly & Bazooka and have to give the edge to the Grizzly, always thought you didn't charge enough for your sluices though. Your fluid bed sluices fill a void in the industry, sure hope you get back to production soon (even if just one or two models). Price them to make a good profit, miners will pay for a sure thing. Build it and they will come.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links