Grizzley Gold Trap is out of business

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the response Dennis, very well delivered and taken as should. Not trying to throw shame your way, while I do not own a grizzly since I have a bazooka already, three of my friends do and I can say that one of them loves his and I have seen it in person and looks perfect and judging from that and his experience alone I feel you have a great product. Another friend received his with some defects and the third is the person that received his with the flow tubes missing entirely (which he only found out after running the thing for an entire weekend which happened to be the best gold trip of the season for everyone else, he ran it missing the tubes not knowing any better. I feel really bad for him all that work he should have gotten few grams at least everyone else did.). Going off my only three experiences with the grizzly I'd say I guess I figured if it happened two out of three people I know then its probably happened more than that as well and soon after this thread was started. I guess I feel better that some light has been shed on this from both sides and I appreciate your response.

Folks, as we sort out the future, I want to verify that what Asmbandits says is true, we had at one point in production had an issue with parts from our 2nd fabrication company that had a bonding issue. We identified and corrected the problem and sent out emails to several people that they may or may not have a unit with this issue, and to let us know if they had problems with their units. We received back emails from four people over time thanking us for letting them know to watch for bonding issues - these four had issues and we immediately sent them replacement units with return address labels for the defective units (at no charges to them of course). We also sent out one unit that was missing the fluidizing tubes -rushing through production and missing visual QC on that unit. When this customer contacted us we also sent them a replacement unit with return address label for the defective unit. GGT has worked on designing and providing a good fluid bed sluice for our community of users, we have had our ups and downs in production and have done our best to deliver a good product, take care of any issues arising, and supporting (and continue to support) our customers. We have shipped every product ever ordered. We have had one to two people helping with production also. At this point, as we have explained, production costs are too high on the Nugget and Explorer models to produce and we working on starting up a limited, but ongoing production of the MotherLode units. I will also be researching design of a fairly different sluice utilizing fluidization to separate heavies - but that is down the road from now.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Wow. It is great to catch up on a conversation so civil. Insightful discussion about the business of business.

Bottom line is it ain’t easy. There are razor thin margins. Labor eats most of the cost I’m betting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread