New! Wave Mat from Gold Hog

Capt Nemo

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2015
Oshkosh, WI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a new mat out from Gold Hog called the Wave. It's more of a finishing mat, and would be good at the tail of a flare section of a long sluice. It may be very good at beach sand. It's somewhat experimental yet, and looks like pre-orders are being taken.

https://www.goldhog.com/goldhog-wave-sluice-mat/

This mat is similar to my first mat that I made from a automotive floor mat. The bands on the mat are similar to the humped Wave mat. The Big Wave version should be used with UR after, which is similar to what I had with mine. The bands were the large hump that I cut off the mat edge and used as a splice. I called it "speed bump". In the sluice below, the bands would loft the lighter material into the flow, while the heavier material would just crawl over it. With the 180 GPH fountain pump, it gave a water height of about 1/4-3/8" in the 3" width. My mat would hold about 50-75% behind the small riffles at 10 degrees. Bird shot would roll down my mat, as the humps were pretty flat, but beach gold seemed to hold. Looks like I was on the right track.

IMG_2789.JPG

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Watched the video of it in action..looks good!

I love how Doc gets into all the technical details, and in a way the common
man can understand. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread