Whats off limits

scdetector

Feb 27, 2006
South Eastern,US
Detector(s) used
Fisher ID Excel, Tesoro Cibola, CZ-7A Pro
Hmm,I generally never hunt the dunes but only the shoreline.In some locations in SC the dunes are nesting grounds for sea turtles and have signs posted but I take no chances. I have been several times this year had had pretty good luck down near the pier area especially during low tide.Kinda funny but I was followed by spectators the whole time last month trying to see what I was digging up with constant questions,think I talked more than I hunted in a 6 hour period, met some interesting people though.Maybe we will run into each other down there

scdetector

Feb 27, 2006
South Eastern,US
Detector(s) used
Fisher ID Excel, Tesoro Cibola, CZ-7A Pro
scdetector said:
Hmm,I generally never hunt the dunes but only the shoreline.In some locations in SC the dunes are nesting grounds for sea turtles and have signs posted but I take no chances. I have been several times this year had had pretty good luck down near the pier area especially during low tide.Kinda funny but I was followed by spectators the whole time last month trying to see what I was digging up with constant questions,think I talked more than I hunted in a 6 hour period, met some interesting people though.Maybe we will run into each other down there
Here is some info from www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com "Metal detecting is allowed on the beach, but it is illegal to climb or walk on the sand dunes or to break or damage any beach grass. Violations may be subject to penalties of up to $500 and/or 30 days in jail. Metal detecting is NOT allowed in city parks or on other city property."

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread