Looking for a Gold Prospecting Partner near Greenwood

DeSey56

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2008
Greenwood,SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
:hello2:
I am looking for someone in the Greenwood area, that will help me learn more about Gold Prospecting I know a little from the internet and books but I haven't found anything bigger than flower gold unless it was at a panning place like Crisson Gold Mine and Consolidated Mines in Georgia. I have gold pans and a small sluice box and a metal detector. Please notify.

Thanks
DeSey56

Jan 20, 2010
Greenwood, S.C.
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT, TDI
Fisher F75
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab GPX 5000, Explorer SE
Shadow X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a gold club that meets once a month in Augusta, Ga. There is also one in the up state. look on GPAA site and you can search for the clubs in this area. Dave Gray that runs the McCormick Gold Mine Park in McCormick is / was a member of the club in Augusta. This club also had a lease there in McCormick on land that has a creek running through it that gives up fine gold as well. I think the dues was some where around $70.00 year.
I use to prospect a good bit for years but have not really done any to amount to anything in years. Funny thing is with Gold prices as high as they are now you would think that would be my main hobby.

OP
OP
DeSey56

DeSey56

Tenderfoot
Nov 23, 2008
Greenwood,SC
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Thanks Clem,
I will have to check that out, a little steep for someone that has been unemployed for over a year now. But I got smart and went back to school I graduate at the end of this semester! I am taking Residential Building Construction Management. Hope the housing market comes back soon so I will be able to find a good job in my field!
Thanks
Darrell

Clem / South Carolina said:
There is a gold club that meets once a month in Augusta, Ga. There is also one in the up state. look on GPAA site and you can search for the clubs in this area. Dave Gray that runs the McCormick Gold Mine Park in McCormick is / was a member of the club in Augusta. This club also had a lease there in McCormick on land that has a creek running through it that gives up fine gold as well. I think the dues was some where around $70.00 year.
I use to prospect a good bit for years but have not really done any to amount to anything in years. Funny thing is with Gold prices as high as they are now you would think that would be my main hobby.

sctoddc

Jan 4, 2010
Greenwood SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut, Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Darrel, sent a PM, let me know if you get it or not...not sure if it's sending or not.

Todd

Rascus

Tenderfoot
Mar 27, 2011
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, MXT ALL PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
New here to the forum....living now in PA though plan on moving back to SC in the next few months. Will be looking to connect with people to do some prospecting...nothing major....maybe some panning and sluicing to begin with and see where it goes. Am retired and have nothing but time on my hands and have been researching this hobby for the last 3 years, now just need to start doing it. Frank

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread