Legal to MD on SC beaches?

Yenges Khan

Mar 7, 2013
Beaver County, PA
Detector(s) used
AT PRO, ACE 350, Bounty Hunter Discovery, Garrett Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed to SC for vacation very soon. Does SC law prohibit me from detecting on the beaches?

You are allowed to detect on the beach. Just do not disturb the grass or detect around it.

OP
OP
Glen Burnie

Glen Burnie

Mar 29, 2014
Thank you for the information.

Wanted to make sure I was legally ok to hunt since I hope to spend the entire week metal detecting. Parks ok?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches.

Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)

Yenges Khan

Mar 7, 2013
Beaver County, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches. Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)

Just figured he would be at a public beach like myrtle which is allowed. But parks at myrtle are not.

Yenges Khan

Mar 7, 2013
Beaver County, PA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a trip planned in June to sc and was able to google search the info I got.

Goldslagger

Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glen, you've got to be more specific. The beaches of CA (I'm guessing) can be of multiple different entities. Ie.: city beaches, county beaches, state beaches, federal beaches, and perhaps private beaches.

Yenges, just curious, where do you get your information ? :)

Tom, they are referring to South Carolina not Southern Cali. And yes you can detect the public beaches in most areas. Parks are a no no. If you're there in mid summer, especially first week in June go early in the morning or early evening. Graduation week. Kids, kids and more kids. Good luck.

barrywk

May 2, 2013
lancaster sc
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 505...At Pro...T2...F5.....F70.....xterra 705...AT Gold......Pro pointer....Pro find 25......XP Deus...gti 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
glen if u r going to the myrtle beach area u may want to get up early in the morn to detect or rig up detector for nite hunting as the beaches r very crowded during the day from now to sept.Its ok to detect during day but u will be dodging alot of people. Last year i rigged up a couple of flashlights to mine and hunted mostly at nite....not only was there no crowds but the temps were a lot more comfortable also

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread