Need buddy or research help.

Goldspeed

Oct 13, 2016
Carolinas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been to this area quite a few times. The biggest obstacle I've had is one all the trash from floods and people and two I'm still learning how to read the land for roads and homesites. Identifying clues I guess. The place in question is called kingsbury ferry. It's located near the cedar creek dam on the wateree/Catawba. The road to the dam is on the opposite side of cedar creek as shown in historic maps. It's close to great falls and liberty hill. Apparently it was a small port town before the railroad days and was used to transport goods down to charleston as it was the closest place to cross after great falls. Now all dammed off but was a series of cascading falls. I've found evidence of something but not sure. There is said to be a kingsbury cemetery on the hill above what used to be a rock home built by john kingsbury. The battle at rocky mount in the revolutionary war was right across the river and the union troops spent a couple of weeks trying to cross at what they even described as kingsbury ferry. Any ideas why it's been a needle in the haystack finding anything on this place or at this place? I have found old roads up on the hillsides which are amazingly steep. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531966325.672714.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531966371.383204.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531966425.840903.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1531966472.441683.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread