Digginmichigan

Nov 13, 2013
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello SD Tnetters! I am a detectorist from Michigan and visiting your wonderful State with my brother in June. VERY excited! We are staying in historic Deadwood. We are planning a variety of activities, but I want to take my bro on a real gold finding "expedition" in the Black Hills. Is there any experienced MD'er that would like to be our "guide"? We have never panned or sluiced before and that is the experience we are seeking. So, what I am needing is someone who has done this before and some equipment including a small sluice (I do not want to bring from Michigan). We are staying in Deadwood for a couple of days than spending a day in the Hills for this expedition. We are renting a B & B one night in the Black Hills and I am more than happy to hook you up with a room as well so you do not have to drive home that same day. We are both in our early 40's and like to have some beers and have a great time, but nothing too crazy. Hit me up if you are interested in joining us (with your experience!) or can at least tell me where we can get (rent) a sluice. Thanks! DiggininMichigan (Jeremy)

md.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Digginmichigan

Digginmichigan

Nov 13, 2013
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Me too, Tired! We have a pretty active site for tnet Michigan. Seems to be a little less traffic here, but I am sure people look. I know someone has the expertise! I’ll hook that person up with a room, some drinks, and a meal! My brother and I are pretty good company too.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should be fun, it’s a beautiful area

We want pics

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I would start learning some history of the early gold Rush. Learn where finds were made and locate those regions on topo maps. I do have some items that I can post in time. Been working on the Black Hills of course. I will also list one good book that you should be able to get used on Amazon that I think you would enjoy.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
The book is "Lost Gold" by Mildred Fielder and has some interesting stories about gold in the region of the Black Hills, Wyoming and Montana.

OP
OP
Digginmichigan

Digginmichigan

Nov 13, 2013
Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks a bunch, Tired! Love researching while the snow flies!

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
If driving take some buckets of dirt back to Michigan to wash.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
I do know a fellow who travels from Billings to Alder Gulch to load buckets to run. He showed me a photo of a nugget he found laying on top.

Tiredman

Bronze Member
Oct 15, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Then there is checking into Gpaa, joining should allow access to claims in most states.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Used to be legal to detect on federal land, but check for updates

OP
OP