Ebay Picks

jeff k

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2006
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stan... How many times have you reported fake coins to eBay, and they've done nothing about it?

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Down South - Marietta, GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
Jeff K said:
Stan... How many times have you reported fake coins to eBay, and they've done nothing about it?

Well, they (Ebay) don't answer back to you so there is no way to tell. Of course if the auction terminates, you would like to think you had something to do with it.

Stan

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE (land), Aquapulse AQ1B (sea), Fisher CZ-20 (water, beach), Fisher 1266X (woods)
ted750 said:
I'm something of a novice, but this one seems very nice.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDALO-Fantasti...&ps=63&clkid=8961396597283181267#ht_942wt_942

Of course, with 6 days left the price already seems to reflect that.

Pretty nice! The coin is from Potosi, not Lima like the ad says. Assayer B (Juan de Ballesteros Narvaez) served several terms in his long career (1577-1615), but I believe this to be one of the earlier coins. One of the main features for identifying sub-types, the number of "fleurs-dis-lis" in the shield, is unfortunately double struck on this coin and not legible.

It should be noted that the diameter of this coin (reported at 42mm) makes it nearly like the 44mm coins termed in Menzel's book as "great module" coins.

It will be interesting to track this auction. Thanks Ted for calling attention to it.

Stan

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
jerome said:
Hello Stan

No, for the moment, I haven't found more spanish coins because at the place in the water where I have found them the level of sand is very high.
But I hope to found other coins after a very big storm.I am patient...

Hi Jerome. Thanks for the update and keep us posted. Are your recoveries being made off the French coast? I hope a big storm blows your way! :icon_thumleft:

Stan

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
dread said:
hey ossy
found this on ebay local its in qld thought you may be the seller but looks a good deal
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Philip-II-15...dZViewItemQQptZAU_Bullion?hash=item335be89fec

Spreading the "end-of-the-bar" myth....Seller needs to read this thread....
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,308454.0.html

Also, a gold coin from Toldeo is not colonial like Mexico, Lima, or Bogota. Spanish gold is generally worth much less than true colonial, so you see sellers trying to make this association all the time....

Stan

dread

Sep 18, 2009
hobart
Detector(s) used
i dont have a detector sad but true
hi stan
ebay records show he got some items from hk coins
from the pics looks allmost cast then aged

OP
OP
D

divewrecks

Bronze Member
Sep 7, 2004
Detector(s) used

Attachments

• !BqTWd5gBGk~$(KGrHqUH-D0EuZJczEW3BLvL+bPgHQ~~_12.jpg
    !BqTWd5gBGk~$(KGrHqUH-D0EuZJczEW3BLvL+bPgHQ~~_12.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 370
  • !BqTWLlgCGk~$(KGrHqYH-DwEuZHiScR!BLvL-o6!R!~~_12.jpg
    !BqTWLlgCGk~$(KGrHqYH-DwEuZHiScR!BLvL-o6!R!~~_12.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 333

dread

Sep 18, 2009
hobart
Detector(s) used
i dont have a detector sad but true
holy crap you scored well with that one stan good work!
dam nice coin too got lots of stories it could tell iam sure

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions