Online Auction house that has shipwreck bars and coins...

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Starts in like 10 minutes

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Silver bar is up now...

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Low Est: USD12000
High Est: USD20000

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fair Warning!
Fair Warning!
Fair Warning!
Lot 150 Bid - USD 8,250 (Floor)
Fair Warning!
Fair Warning!
Lot 150 Bid - USD 8,000 (Floor)
Fair Warning!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh... reserve not met.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Estimate: $12,000 - $20,000

Description: Extremely Rare opportunity to own Silver Bar from the Nuestra Senora De Atocha discovered by Famed Treasure Hunter Mel Fisher. The Bar as it is presented measures approximately 15.5" x 5.25" and weighs approximately 205 Troy Ounces of Silver. The bar has had the bottom cut off as to preserve the ever important markings of the period that reflect the true personality of the Ingot. The markings include the serial number, the assayer's "bite" that would be used to test the purity of the silver and the "Ley" number which spoke to the purity of the silver with 2400 being the purest. This bar is marked 2380 which is remarkable close to the purest available. In addition to these numbers the markings include any taxes that have been paid and the owner or the shipper of the ingot. The bar comes with the original COA from Treasure Salvors, Inc. Mel Fisher's company. The remaining silver from the Ingot were used to create coins and other Atocha artifacts that are offered by Treasure Salvors, inc. We are proud to be the Auction Gallery selected to offer this magnificent Silver Ingot and we encourage you to enjoy the pictures, come and see the bar for yourself and we recommend a great read, " The Dreamweaver" by Bob Frogfoot Weller. A fascinating story of Mel Fisher and the quest for the Atocha. In regards to this Auction, we wish you fabulous luck and as Mel Fisher would say, "Today is the Day." Good Luck!!!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These guys have gotten hold of several of these bars with COA's...
And coins in settings,
All the coins have sold for great / good prices...
Wished I was signed up to bid...
Next time.

seekerGH

Jan 25, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sorry, link provided does not work. looks like a bid of $11,000?

try this

Bid online now at AuctionZip Live! - The Upcoming Live Auction Locator - Fast, Easy, and Free!

What does this mean?

"The bar has had the bottom cut off as to preserve the ever important markings of the period that reflect the true personality of the Ingot."

So this means it is just a thin slab of the bar? A partial bar with some markings is really worth that premium on the spot price of silver? How many bars were brought up? While I guess a few folks have heard of the Atocha, is something that has been cut up really worth that much?

Last edited:

eddiecurrent

Dec 25, 2015
Treasure coast Fl.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1236-x2, fisher cz3d and cz 20, tesoro golden sabre II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought that too. "So as to preeerve the markings"...meaning I presume that the bar was cannibalized to make cobs "from silver salvaged from the Atocha". A good way to maximize the value, sell fake cobs of silver to the cruise ship tourists in key west. That's fine as far as it goes, premium value tho' is for smaller bars left untouched. I realize the resale value of a 75 lb bar is hampered.
If it were a great price, I'd like to own that "remnant bar", not as an investment but a prized display, but alas I'm a guy that considers a meal at the Golden Corral to be a weekly splurge.
Still, these auctions can be a good place to get a great deal on a shipwreck 8 reales, something with a
visible date and cross, not too thin a planchet, perhaps from a rarer mint, like a guatamalan boot.
Or a countermarked example, from a less known wreck.
Another good source for shipwreck auctions is Daniel Sedwick. That guy is amazingly knowledgeable about coins, you can learn a ton just reading his catalogs.
He's honest and personable.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread