1715 Fleet Eight Reale Beauty

DirtyMike&Tab

Apr 4, 2017
Fenwick Island, De & Harper's Ferry, Wv
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, Mx Sport, & At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well here's the story behind this treasure. I'm a treasure hunter through and through. I do my research, I put in my footwork, and respect history. And for work I groom animals. Mostly dogs and cats. Well one day after finishing a groom my client asked me if I would ever be interested in a vacation to Florida around the new year? Without a second of hesitation, I exclaimed of coarse I would. I knew these clients had a beach house somewhere in Florida I just didn't know where. So fast forward a couple weeks and it's the week of Christmas. The same client comes in and says that for Christmas she wants me to take my wife and daughter to there Florida house for 10 days as a gift for Christmas. She wouldn't take no for an answer and even rented a rental car for us so we didn't even put miles on our own cars. Anyways I asked her about where is your home located? She said, well it's in a quiet little town with not too much to do called Sebastion. When I heard that I could have fainted. As I said before I am a treasure hunter but that being said I mostly hunt civil war artifacts. I've dabbled in most treasure hunting but the "treasure coast" is something I've only dreamed of. Fast forward a few more weeks and now it's new years day and I'm arriving with my family in Sebastion, Fl. We did everything from see manatees, to Disney, Casperson beach (must go if you haven't yet), airboat gator tours, antiquing, and my favorite... metal detect. We tried all the spots that were hot and never just walked across anything good. So the day before we come home it's raining so no beach but there was a local antique show. We swing by to check it out and it was awesome. And while there it was rainy and cold but I met a local digger that was set up with some antiques. Just for display he had a beat up 8 reale in one of his cases. After asking him about it we began to swap treasure stories. He told me in the 60s he found dozens at a time. I was in complete awe. In the middle of our conversation the storm took a turn for the worse and as the rain started to come down harder and the wind picked up. I jumped in with he and his wife and helped him get his stuff packed up and out of the rain. After shaking hands and him and his wife telling me how grateful they were that I just jumped in even though we were getting soaked and stuff was flying every where, helped them get everything put away. I thanked him for his stories and ran across the parking lot for my car. As i started my car i noticed the nice guy and his wife pulling up beside me. He winds down his window and said here is a little thank you for helping us. I said no but he insisted that I take this yellow envelope. I noticed right away it was very heavy. I thanked him again but before I could open the gift they were pulling off. I reach inside and the first thing I see was the certificate. I couldn't beleive it. Well without further a due. .. Here she is.
IMG_20170411_123055.jpg
IMG_20170411_123320.jpg
Needless to say my new years was great!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome!....
You will remember that forever.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
Very well done sir!

bill_wabo

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2014
Quebec
Detector(s) used
helmet from pomelo
Teknetics Delta 4000,
Tesoro Mojave,
Garrett Carrott
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool story and one you won't forget. Thanks for sharing!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice cob and an even nicer story. Good things happen to good people.

The Rebel

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2011
Southwest, CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Spectra V3i with wireless headphones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome job & good karma headed your way!

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great story, thank you for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread