Cob help, please...

Jazmyn49

Oct 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am a novice at this and need any info someone can give me. I spent much of the morning looking for an image of something similar but no joy.
Thanks!!! P1010119.JPG P1010116.JPG

Trez

May 10, 2006
Treasure Coast (Vero Beach) to Sebastian
Detector(s) used
Sov Elite, CZ20, Minelab Sovereign XS, Explorer II, My eyeballs to bloody fingers have done me well also.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Jazmyn49,
Welcome to the Spanish cob forum...
Can you give us some more info? did you find? area found, date range of area etc...
Look kinda like a crude 1747 Potosi, jumbled and poorly struck kinda messing with positive ID.
q was assayer for that time, but just looks poor. whats the weight? looks to be a 1 real.
maybe someone with better eyes can help more.
Trez

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Hello Jazmyn49,
Welcome to the Spanish cob forum...
Can you give us some more info? did you find? area found, date range of area etc...
Look kinda like a crude 1747 Potosi, jumbled and poorly struck kinda messing with positive ID.
q was assayer for that time, but just looks poor. whats the weight? looks to be a 1 real.
maybe someone with better eyes can help more.
Trez

Trez nailed it. The late Potosi era of cobs is known for poor quality. It was like the last dance for the cobs in the New World, and the attention to detail was lacking. If I remember, I'll take a picture of one special piece that I have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread