• Inside Cave.JPG
    Inside Cave.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 2,492

buckshot

Mar 31, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Yepper,Me too. Did you find/see anything worth a mention? The few caves/rock shelters i've come across in my area are not very large and sofar no finds. But, i keep looking thats the fun part...

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
buckshot said:
Yepper,Me too. Did you find/see anything worth a mention? The few caves/rock shelters i've come across in my area are not very large and sofar no finds. But, i keep looking thats the fun part...

Didn't find anything in this paticular Cave but have found some interesting things in others in the area.

Nova Treasure

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Reminds me of a cave I used to go to in Otter Creek Park. Beware the White Nose Fungus.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

allen

Gold Member
Jul 16, 2004
Shelbyville or any yard where the owner will let m
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
my brother and his friends explored a cave in Winchester
that Frank and Jesse James supposedly hid in at one time
and they found numerous civil war currency and coins.
Dont ask me what they did with all of it, but at the time
they all smoked lots of dope, so they either traded it for
weed or sold it to get weed.
Recently the county filled in the mouth of this cave, so
guess it'll never be fully explored.
Plus in the early 80s a pepsi cola truck was in a parking
space in downtown Winchester and it fell into a cave which
people suspect was part of the same cave sysyem mentioned
in my story above.

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Kantuckkeean said:
Reminds me of a cave I used to go to in Otter Creek Park. Beware the White Nose Fungus.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

I have also been in a Cave on Otter Creek park, back in the 80's when i helped build the restaraunt that overlooks the river over there.

SpectrumKevin

Nov 12, 2009
Kantuckkeean said:
Reminds me of a cave I used to go to in Otter Creek Park.

(also for Nova Treasure)
You guys are making me nostalgic for my youth. I grew up in Hikes Point in Louisville. I went in maybe a dozen different caves around town including one off Beargreass creek not far from home.
Then in college I was in a hard-core cavers group within TKE at UofL. Our main cave which we went to dozens of times was Clancey's Cave in Otter Creek State Park.

This poem perfectly describes Clancey's. Weird thing, I e-mailed the author and he didn't have the foggiest memory of the poem. If either of you guys went here, you might agree. Let's just say. if my mother had the slightest idea how intrense Clancey's was, she'd have killed me.

http://www.nationalwatercenter.org/on_waterfront_2.htm#Page 19

OP
OP
nova treasure

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
SpectrumKevin said:
Kantuckkeean said:
Reminds me of a cave I used to go to in Otter Creek Park.

(also for Nova Treasure)
You guys are making me nostalgic for my youth. I grew up in Hikes Point in Louisville. I went in maybe a dozen different caves around town including one off Beargreass creek not far from home.
Then in college I was in a hard-core cavers group within TKE at UofL. Our main cave which we went to dozens of times was Clancey's Cave in Otter Creek State Park.

This poem perfectly describes Clancey's. Weird thing, I e-mailed the author and he didn't have the foggiest memory of the poem. If either of you guys went here, you might agree. Let's just say. if my mother had the slightest idea how intrense Clancey's was, she'd have killed me.

http://www.nationalwatercenter.org/on_waterfront_2.htm#Page 19

Thanks Kevin, Clancey Cave is the name of the cave I couldn't remember. I have never seen that poem, so that was pretty cool, Thanks for Sharing.

If walls could talk, I would think that many caves could share a many of fearing moments of people that has entered for the various reasons.

Nova Treasure

SpectrumKevin

Nov 12, 2009
Thanks Kevin, Clancey Cave is the name of the cave I couldn't remember. I have never seen that poem, so that was pretty cool, Thanks for Sharing.

Nova Treasure
[/quote]

Wow cool we share a very special experience!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry Rando. I haven't been to this forum in a bit and missed that. The White Nose Fungus is an epizootic that's killing millions upon millions of bats, sometimes wiping out entire colonies. It's spreading from the northeast and down throughout Appalachia. Bats of course are important nocturnal predators of insects and are highly undervalued. When caving, make sure that you sterilize your gear before and after each trip so that you don't unknowingly spread of the disease, even though bats themselves will be the deciding transmitter.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread