Info needed, found Gray Blue cave clay, in Pa. - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Info needed, found Gray Blue cave clay, in Pa.

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Dec 2014
    Deep in the woods in South Central Pa.
    Fisher CZ7 Pro
    869 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Sounds like a common Carbide dump to me. A place where someone once dumped their old lamp contents out before recharging it.
    When I was really into hardcore caving we found a lot of these dumps. This is a huge NO - NO,,,

us
    Aug 2012
    New Mexico USA
    My Head
    1790 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitndahed View Post
    Sounds like a common Carbide dump to me. A place where someone once dumped their old lamp contents out before recharging it.
    When I was really into hardcore caving we found a lot of these dumps. This is a huge NO - NO,,,
    Possible. The smell should give it away. I've still have a gallon can of carbide I bought from Bob's in the 80's.
    Chop wood..Carry water

Sep 2013
    41 times
    I have a ton of blue gray clay at the bottom of my creek. It's beautiful, but does not appear to have rocks in it like the pink, red and green clay. I brought some up to bake. Haven't yet. But it's the nicest clay I've seen down there . I even have white/ gray. But the blue/gray is beautiful.

us
    Owner

Apr 2007
    Clearfield Pa. and Nova Scotia, Canada
    GPL , 2 box, Dowsing Rods, Long Range Locators, Radar & a lot more
    1250 times
    We found silver bars and that explains the blue clay, then we had black streaks in the clay from Pig Iron containers from Rail Road. Everything is still in the ground, Pa, law says Do NOT REMOVE anything from state land. It will be gone someday
    Quote Originally Posted by huntsman53 View Post
    Gray blue clay is often associated with Silver and normally obtains the color due to oxidation of the Silver. This same gray blue clay often contains Gold. The greenish blue in the clay is probably due to Copper oxidation otherwise known as Copper Oxide. You might want to pan the clay out to see if there is any Gold any it, making sure to recoup the clay. After recouping the clay, spread it out in layers on plastic and let it dry. After dried, place the clay in a large iron or other large kettle, mix pure Borax with it, then burn it with a torch. If there is any Silver in the clay, it will bead up and can be panned out. Although I am not sure of this, the process may also cause any Copper to bead up and come to light. This method was told to me by a friend that has Gold prospected most of his life and who also has found some very nice deposits of Silver.

Frank

Ooops, I did not realize that this Thread was 3 years old until after I had already posted! I wonder what the O.P. found out about the clay?

Sep 2013
    41 times
    I have also found shells , fossils of shells and crystals inside fossils.

Sep 2013
    41 times
    Panning the clay is very hard. It's so thick and sticks to everything. I haven't tried this yet. But I will
    A2coins likes this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links