Wild caves in Pennsylvania

SamAbear

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am up here on a long vacation from Georgia, and am missing being underground, the caves are alot eaiser to find in Georgia bc of TAG (Tenessee, Alabama, and Georgia cave area). Iv found alot of show caves around here, but i cant seem to find any wild caves. Iv done some research trying to find some, but still cant exactly find any that i think are still open. If theirs anyone that could help me out with some locations of some, i would greatley appreciate it. Please and thank you.

Also if any one is down in the TAG area. Id gladly let yall know where a few caves are.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am up here on a long vacation from Georgia, and am missing being underground, the caves are alot eaiser to find in Georgia bc of TAG (Tenessee, Alabama, and Georgia cave area). Iv found alot of show caves around here, but i cant seem to find any wild caves. Iv done some research trying to find some, but still cant exactly find any that i think are still open. If theirs anyone that could help me out with some locations of some, i would greatley appreciate it. Please and thank you.

Also if any one is down in the TAG area. Id gladly let yall know where a few caves are.

Yea Good luck with that.
there has to be some But this state seems to be in Baby sitting mode :(
seems when word reaches Authorities, &/or land owners,
entrances get sealed :(

OP
OP
SamAbear

SamAbear

Oct 28, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. Most of the ones iv found researching were closed off, or on private property. :-(

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
Unfortunately we live in world of litigation and smart ass lawyers. landowners government and private landowner are increasing becoming open to litigation from people who do foolish things, and wants to blame some else for their actions. Sadly this has impact access to such sites.

Crow

aurashine78

Apr 21, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depends on where u are in pa. Lots of caves in mill areas.

New to the Treasure Net Forums.... I'm interested in finding out about Horst Cave in Lancaster, Pa..... Any websites that could help me? I can't seem to find a map with the cave located on it.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although not in PA, per se, I remember there being some very cool caves (or at least one- that I caved- back in the late '70's) around the Harper's Ferry area, along the canal, but off the beaten track. I haven't been there since, so I can't tell you if it's been sealed up, but I bet local cavers would know. Yakker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread