Old River Runt...lb

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
:) I've got a very small collection of oldish lures that I've been holding onto for a few decades and figured it was time to show a few of them off in here. None are in new condition. All have caught at least, one fish. All come with fond memories of days gone by. This little puppy was one of the first "expensive" lures I ever bought when I was in my early teens. Money was scarce for a kid back then and in order just to fish period, I had to spend what little I had on killer stuff that didn't cost too much but worked well once you learned how to use it proficiently. So mostly, I invested in Mepps which were cheap back in those days (less than a buck for a #3 Aglia Silver blade) and Shysters, a Canadian Wiggler or two and a couple of Williams Wablers with a few jigs in the bottom of the box, were my meat getters. This kool old Heddon Jointed River Runt Spook, was the hep, fancy fishing guys, killer plug, slaying fish everywhere it went, but it took me awhile to fork out the kind of coin they wanted for it down at the hardware store in those times. ;D

So anyway here it is folks, a lovely little Heddon lure, in the ever popular red head, white body pattern, So deadly back in the 50's & 60's. Anyone else in here collect Old Fishing Lures?

LarryB

Attachments

• HeddonRR.jpg
    HeddonRR.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 778
OP
OP
larrybass

larrybass

Jan 12, 2006
Ottawa, Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro-Amigo
Hey there Glassman, any chances of seeing a picture of that boxed Runt of yours? ::) Heddon Rocks! lb

whispers

Jan 1, 2006
Vermont
Detector(s) used
dfx
Hey just -geese you beat me to it. I thought I recognized those red spotted patterns between the hardware.I was gonna post a pic of mine but yours is too awesome.

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Few runts I've had for years..

Attachments

• 000_0001_00.jpg
    000_0001_00.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 407