Do I need to protect this one
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

us
    Jan 2007
    Louisville, Ky.
    Whites XLT
    3 times

Do I need to protect this one

Hello, Have read in this area post that American Stamps in general have little value except for larger amounts and a few rare ones. I know next to nothing about this topic but while doing research trying to find a street name that no longer exists I remembered that I had a deed to one of the pieces of property that the city took away from my parents. Found what I was looking for but this stamp was on the deed and would like to know is this just a run of the mill common stamp or do I need to protect it. If you have any idea of a value would you let me know so I can put a note with it for information.

Thanks Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	one dollar ten cent stamp.jpg 
Views:	513 
Size:	29.4 KB 
ID:	253246  
    When all else fails read the directions

us
    Feb 2006
    Erie,PA.
    61 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Re: Do I need to protect this one

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyT
    Hello, Have read in this area post that American Stamps in general have little value except for larger amounts and a few rare ones. I know next to nothing about this topic but while doing research trying to find a street name that no longer exists I remembered that I had a deed to one of the pieces of property that the city took away from my parents. Found what I was looking for but this stamp was on the deed and would like to know is this just a run of the mill common stamp or do I need to protect it. If you have any idea of a value would you let me know so I can put a note with it for information.

Thanks Jim
    Although NOT the same it is all i can find at this time...This is from SCOTT specialized catalouge of U.S.Stamps(Revenues)"back of the book" stamps,revenues WIDELY vary in price.there are usually low value but on documents the can be VERY valuble.gotta go to work i'll try&pin-point your stamp later
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2 1427.jpg 
Views:	510 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	253314  
    Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely.
    John Dalberg-Acton(1834-1902)

us
    Jan 2007
    Louisville, Ky.
    Whites XLT
    3 times

Thanks Tokenhead It is still on the deed.

JimmyT
    When all else fails read the directions

us
    Apr 2009

It looks like this stamp is over printed in black - series 1952.. If it is the 1952 series it should be placed in a show gaurd as the value is 25.00.. The appropriate number is Scott #R600..
    If its series 1953 the value is only 2.50, but still collectable.! I would leave it on the cover either way.

Silver Eagle

Sponsored Links