Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bluenoser's collection

From the land of the Bluenose.....have been a collector since age 9.....49 years in this great hobby. The book shelf housing my collection was custom made. Cost me 5 gold rings that I had found detecting.

Collect everything but have a fondness for Poland, Germany, Australia and upper right inscription blocks of Canada.
001-15.jpg

wagbert

Mar 29, 2008
Hello,
I always enjoy your metal detecting posts. I am amazed that among your many other talents, you also collect postage stamps. I too began collecting stamps at the age of 8 when I was in the Cub Scouts. You have amassed a huge collection over the years. I started, stopped, sold out, and bought quantities of philatelic material all over again. The key to assembling a nice collection such as yours is to "Stay with it". Your bookcase is a fine piece of furniture to house your collection. What kind of wood did the cabinet maker use ? Since you are in the "Land of the Bluenose", I am guessing Maple. Custom made furniture is always expensive. It looks very nice the way you have it set up.
Perhaps someday you will post scans of some of your collection? You probably have most or all of the German issues. That is my main area of collecting this time around. I have bought most of my stamps from ebay sellers. I'm close to 99% pleased with my purchases so far, but I'd like to attend a stamp show. Do you go to stamps shows? I would be interested in learning about your experiences at shows as opposed to buying from fixed price lists, etc..
Thank you for sharing this picture of the custom bookcase with all of your albums and stockbooks in it.
Is the model of the schooner that graces the top of the bookcase "Bluenose"? That racing schooner has been depicted on the reverse of the Canadian 10ct coin since 1937.
Regards,
Phil

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....thanks for your kind words and th bookshelf is pine. It is indeed the Bluenose....me bouy. Take care.

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose....always looking for some of the Gdansk overprints. My collection of Poland is very advanted. Happy collecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread