TwoYewts

Oct 29, 2013
NorthEast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher CZ-21, Makro Racer Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Manoverboard70
The image you posted is a bit blurry so I can't make out the stamps in that image to help you. I have created my own stamp pages for my albums and can send info your way to help in identifying those stamps. I'll PM you.

-TwoYewts

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
If your pages are delineated by country, you may wish to post pics of your earliest US stamps; a few at at time. Members of this forum can ID them to the point of giving you a fair estimate of value--unless they are stamps with endless varieties that would have to be examined more closely.
I assume the number in the bottom right corner of each area is the price (or value) placed on the stamp by the seller (trader in your case). Those numbers represent very inexpensive stamp prices, but it you only seek ID of the stamps, posting a few close up pics should get you your desired result.
Don.....

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will need a stamp catalogue to identify your stamps. Try you library first as they are expensive, several hundred $'s for a new set. Your stamps on that page look to be pre-1940, and there is a single catalogue known as the Classic Specialized by Scott's which deals with all the worlds stamps issued from 1840-1940. Sometimes you can pick up an older used copy online for just a few $'s. You will then have to determine the country that issued the stamp, and the country name is usually on the stamp, except Great Britain which was exempted by the Universal Postal Union (UPU) back in the 1800's when this organization was formed to expedite mailings between different countries. The reason they did this was because Great Britain was the first country recognized as issuing postage stamps, and their early stamps didn't include the country name, and still don't, and to honor that the UPU exempted Great Britain from having their country name printed on their stamps.
Of course the countries spell their names in their own language, as an example stamps from Spain will have Espana on them, and so forth. Also some countries use different alphabet characters, like China, Japan, and Ceylon, that can be difficult to identify. A stamp identifier book will be useful in finding which countries the stamps are from so you can search the catalogue for that particular stamp. Stamp identifier books only cost a couple of $.
Good luck in your search on these stamps. I will be happy to assist you in any way I can.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread