Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Good forum for it as well here. Military veterans needed to know about that. I look around at my calendar and see it is not listed. In truth, I didn't even remember it until I ran across the article myself this morning. They are forgotten heros.

s-l500.jpg

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In a day where many Americans don't even know the years of our involvement in WWII, or can even name the countries we were at war with, it's nice to see that some still remember the bravery and sacrifice of our servicemen during those trying times.

greenwyvern

Apr 11, 2014
Central Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 & Delta 4000 & Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The very stamp that got me started collecting in the 50s. Didn't congress refuse an appeal to reissue this stamp in the last few years? I think this was the first stamp put out that didn't observe the ten year rule. They got around it by not putting their names on the stamp.

OP
OP
Mackaydon

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Corect, by the omission of their names, the stamp commemorated the event, rather than the individuals per se, thus obfuscating the ten-year rule in the same way as later did stamps honoring Neil Armstrong in 1969 and Buzz Aldrin in 1994.
Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread