Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Before Tom K passed he called me and asked if I could come over. He wanted to show me something. When I arrived he had a topo map out and pointed to a spot I was familiar with. Tom said look here for a gold ledge. Tom was a very interesting man. He also had a degree in Geology. He was my best friend and I do miss him. A lot of the clues for the Wagoner lost ledge apply to this spot. I never put the two together until I read this thread.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A crop of a picture of how looks like the Wagoner's ledge from the trail below. Like you can see, is not a GE image. Is like many crops of real pictures which I have posted in regards to different lost mines stories.
Be well and take care.

Wagoner's.JPG Wagoner's 2.JPG

Last edited:

Azaware

Tenderfoot
Jul 25, 2003
Wagoner Nuggets

about 15 years ago i talked to a guy that found some big nuggets with a metal detector in the area of waggoners lost gold...i ran across the pic today..thought some of you guys might want to see it
View attachment 1741963
hey Dave I was just searching for this picture. Funny I found it. I’m sure you remember I found these nuggets. Someone posted what Wagoner said about how to found it. Some parts stated is absolutely true. On top of the hill was pretty flat. Off to one side down the hill was where the nuggets were found. The last nugget was about 5 foot from the flat hill. I believe there must of been nuggets that someone already found. I didn’t find any gold on top. No evidence of a gold outcropping. I would say Wagoner already cleaned it out or someone else did. Someone could of found nuggets on top but didn’t think to search off the side. There was an outcropping of a green rock. I still have the the nuggets but you can definitely see rose quartz in the nuggets. Good to see you.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
hey Dave I was just searching for this picture. Funny I found it. I’m sure you remember I found these nuggets. Someone posted what Wagoner said about how to found it. Some parts stated is absolutely true. On top of the hill was pretty flat. Off to one side down the hill was where the nuggets were found. The last nugget was about 5 foot from the flat hill. I believe there must of been nuggets that someone already found. I didn’t find any gold on top. No evidence of a gold outcropping. I would say Wagoner already cleaned it out or someone else did. Someone could of found nuggets on top but didn’t think to search off the side. There was an outcropping of a green rock. I still have the the nuggets but you can definitely see rose quartz in the nuggets. Good to see you.
hey...long time no see..hope you are doing well...i'll send you a p.m.

cuzimloony

Apr 9, 2016
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Series
Minelab Gold Monster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I'm going to necropost........ (gollum you can yell at me at the Rendezvous if you come) I'm interested in this legend and have been out a couple times searching for this (boots on ground.....with people who have commented in this thread) and haven't found much but gold-free quartz veins and beautiful landscapes. We're not done searching, but I have a question for the people here. Someone in the beginning of this thread mentions how "dangerous" it is out here. I'm not going to say it isn't. It is. They went on to describe the vast amounts of water you need to bring with you to get to this area.......this is true, you should, especially if you're hiking and not taking an OHV of some type. Anyhow, here's the question: In order for us to get there, we need to be in relatively good shape, have a slew of water and food for energy and hydration, which means a pack of some sort, and tools to work, but we are to believe that a somewhat frail old man who moved here from the east to better his health was able to do it every weekend for 5 years with nothing but an empty suitcase, no OHV, no water, no food, no pack and no tools? Anyone else have a problem with this story? and what about the reputation of Fred Mullins..... Wasn't he known for his tall tales?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread