Peralta Stones Hart Map

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old friend had found a rock formation of a hart in the Superstition Mountains quite a few years ago. I will see if I can find the old photo from 2005. There also was an Elephant rock formation not too far away. Not sure what an Elephant rock formation would mean in the Superstitions.

Any ideas about the Elephant rock formation, please post?

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
An old friend had found a rock formation of a hart in the Superstition Mountains quite a few years ago. I will see if I can find the old photo from 2005. There also was an Elephant rock formation not too far away. Not sure what an Elephant rock formation would mean in the Superstitions.

elephant butte north of queen valley?

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

It is a large statue! It is sitting on the Northside of a hill, just below the top.

Which is it.....rock formation (natural) or statue (man-made) ?
Post the photo if you find it.

OP
OP
Bad-Company

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which is it.....rock formation (natural) or statue (man-made) ?
Post the photo if you find it.

I just can not find the photo I had. Must be on my other computer, but it was a 20-foot statue of an elephant about a mile south of the 200 foot high Hart rock formation. I can't tell you about the Hart rock formation until I get an email back from the person that found it with permission, but the Spanish markings around it would suggest there is Gold near it. Possibly this could be the area the Hart map is pointing to.

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
whites mxt, tesoro lobo super trac., monster1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
with out pictures, it is just another story... sorry but vague descriptions will not get anyone anywhere.... just saying..
p.s. do you know roger rantz???

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just can not find the photo I had. Must be on my other computer, but it was a 20-foot statue of an elephant about a mile south of the 200 foot high Hart rock formation. I can't tell you about the Hart rock formation until I get an email back from the person that found it with permission, but the Spanish markings around it would suggest there is Gold near it. Possibly this could be the area the Hart map is pointing to.

Well then, perhaps if you post a copy of this " Hart map ", we can talk about that.

OP
OP
Bad-Company

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then, perhaps if you post a copy of this " Hart map ", we can talk about that.

This stone map. It is a very large rock formation in the area of the Superstition Mountains.

Attachments

• Heart Stone 2 mmm.jpg
    Heart Stone 2 mmm.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
without a picture there is just not much to compare or discuss.. sorry BC.. or be very descriptive and hope for the best.. just sayin..

OP
OP
Bad-Company

Bad-Company

Jul 26, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
without a picture there is just not much to compare or discuss.. sorry BC.. or be very descriptive and hope for the best.. just sayin..

The Hart Stone is a map. If you can find the Hart formation you can follow the map to the gravesites and boxes/bars of gold hidden near it. The rest of the stone shows the mine locations. The people who made the stone map must not have planned to return to this site for some time. Probably thought the Spanish would return to the area one day in future years as they always have.

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
The Hart Stone is a map. If you can find the Hart formation you can follow the map to the gravesites and boxes/bars of gold hidden near it. The rest of the stone shows the mine locations. The people who made the stone map must not have planned to return to this site for some time. Probably thought the Spanish would return to the area one day in future years as they always have.
the person that made the stone maps died in 1961

dredgernaut

Dec 27, 2012
wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
is that you roger rantz??? lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread