Christopher is a rad dude....

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to say that just because this happened to me it by no means should imply that it will happen to you. Nor should KellyCo or Christopher from KellyCo feel obligated to duplicate this experience to other customers.

I will keep this short and sweet...

Roughly 8-10 months ago I purchased the Garrett PP from KellyCo.....came with a free Sawtooth Gator Digger. Kellyco Sawtooth Gator Digger- Kellyco

A great digger that I prefer in soft sod as I like the V concave style it has.

My handle came off recently and actually started to tear when pressure was applied downward.

I contacted Christopher to see if perhaps he could just send me a new rubber handle and I could rig the new handle to not slide or whatever. Being a free tool I felt bad even asking that to be honest. But I love it so much I wanted it to be like it was when I got it.

A few days later I received an email invoice for the new KellyCo Razor Digger.....a "better" digger so to speak. Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger with Sheath- Kellyco

I contacted Christopher to inform him of the potential mistake. "No mistake" he told me....upgraded for the trouble...although a minor ripped handle can hardly be called trouble. I have since fixed it with duct tape on the inside of the handle...now it is very tight and my wife has her own digger.

EXCELLENT customer service...and well beyond what is expected from any company. I will absolutely be a repeat customer.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the same trouble with that digger, but I never bothered Kellyco about it. It reared the problem very quickly for me and I had to go out and search locally for another suitable digger. I got one out of Home Depot that had the Ames brand on it with a forked tip to it. Don't remember what I paid for it, but I think it was under $20 and I couldn't find it on the website for particulars so it may not be available anymore. I looked to be sure with my pinpointer that I got one that had metal going far into the handle as some cheaper trowels will break at the handle if not reinforced far enough into it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread