The Useful Pine

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very interesting, Deep. I knew a little about pine trees, but never that much. Thanks.

OP
OP
DeepseekerADS

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
Very interesting, Deep. I knew a little about pine trees, but never that much. Thanks.

Me too! I'd heard, we all heard, but just really passed it right by. There were a lot more videos, but I just got tired of watching them...

There was an ice storm here in the 90's which took most of my pine trees down. And following that, some kind of disease passed through and took the rest out. Right now going through my forest in the search for firewood, I think I've found a few young ones coming up, but I have yet to find one single living big pine tree. I'm certainly thinning my forests now and will be for years to come. My primary targets are the diseased, damaged, or dead trees. I'm getting a lot of locusts too, but hopefully that has just been because of the crowding. I can't take a tree down without damaging another tree. But that's just the way the cookie crumbles on that = them boogers gotta go.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Me too! I'd heard, we all heard, but just really passed it right by. There were a lot more videos, but I just got tired of watching them...

There was an ice storm here in the 90's which took most of my pine trees down. And following that, some kind of disease passed through and took the rest out. Right now going through my forest in the search for firewood, I think I've found a few young ones coming up, but I have yet to find one single living big pine tree. I'm certainly thinning my forests now and will be for years to come. My primary targets are the diseased, damaged, or dead trees. I'm getting a lot of locusts too, but hopefully that has just been because of the crowding. I can't take a tree down without damaging another tree. But that's just the way the cookie crumbles on that = them boogers gotta go.

Locust you say....how many chains you go through Rodger.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread