Automobile Dash Cam - Who Uses One?

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
They make some great video's too.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for your the inspirational video Guy In Back.... No need to worry about my 401K anymore....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
GIB - HILARIOUS!! ROFL - Copy.gif

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, that didn't take long. :censored:

I may have to watch again but were u driving a little faster than the posted 30 mph? LOL

If I was a rear right or passenger in the car that turned in front of u , I'd Punch the Driver.
Glad u made it through.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have some friends who have one 'they got it in 2014???, The wife made a Funny video of the Stupid drivers around here.
What made it even funnier was her Talking SMACK to people who could not hear her. Lot's of beep's in her you-tube Video.

Her Husband is from Austria & said almost everybody in Europe uses one ,esp, in Russia.

I'd like to get one but I'm usually 5-10 years behind in getting into new Electronics , heck I still have a flip Phone .

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I may have to watch again but were u driving a little faster than the posted 30 mph? LOL

If I was a rear right or passenger in the car that turned in front of u , I'd Punch the Driver.
Glad u made it through.

Nope, I was doing 29-30mph. Had I been going faster I would have T-boned her!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have one but would like to get one in near future! Especially here! People seem to ignore the double yellow line in this state! They are constantly coming left of center! I think it's because out where we live, in some areas, if you go a foot or two off the road there are some pretty big dropoffs, so they hug the center...It's the only thing I can think of...Or the roads aren't crowned here as much as they are in the North...

Nitric
I know yr area but don't get out that way to often , (should have been detecting there years ago [1989-92 ] when I had a friend who lived in Hiram (Really in the Country back then).

The road 's you describe remind me of ST Hwy 92, is it 61 or 62 coming out of Cartersville?
Even Mars Hill rd . Many people have been Killed & disabled on those Roads ("with drop-off) on each side into Big trees Usually.
The Widening of 120 , 360 , 278 Has helped but just makes people drive faster.

Most of my driving is done on the N Side of the City , I-75, I-285 where speeds avg, 90 ish.

I call SR 20 between Cartersville & Cumming (Death Alley) along with I-75 from Windy Hill-Red top Mt Rd....So many awful Crashes on the Rd's over the Years.

For me a camera is a Must ASAP.
Thank's to Terry for the thread.

No Related & Off Topic but Man that 'Richard Ramirez' (Night stalker ) looking Guy that Killed those 2 teen's in Roswell ,seem's a bit off to me , but could be Coming off drugs , Or acting Crazy (for his Defense) or really is Crazy. IDK
Davers

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nitric
I know yr area but don't get out that way to often , (should have been detecting there years ago [1989-92 ] when I had a friend who lived in Hiram (Really in the Country back then).

The road 's you describe remind me of ST Hwy 92, is it 61 or 62 coming out of Cartersville?
Even Mars Hill rd . Many people have been Killed & disabled on those Roads ("with drop-off) on each side into Big trees Usually.
The Widening of 120 , 360 , 278 Has helped but just makes people drive faster.

Most of my driving is done on the N Side of the City , I-75, I-285 where speeds avg, 90 ish.

I call SR 20 between Cartersville & Cumming (Death Alley) along with I-75 from Windy Hill-Red top Mt Rd....So many awful Crashes on the Rd's over the Years.

For me a camera is a Must ASAP.
Thank's to Terry for the thread.

No Related & Off Topic but Man that 'Richard Ramirez' (Night stalker ) looking Guy that Killed those 2 teen's in Roswell ,seem's a bit off to me , but could be Coming off drugs , Or acting Crazy (for his Defense) or really is Crazy. IDK
Davers

Ya, I'll go off topic!! Everyone knows me by now!:laughing7: I can't stay focused!

Yes, 61 is one of the roads I'm talking about....I'm right off of it, and I see some bad wrecks, usually totaled when they go off the road. sometimes mangled, in the trees...I haven't seen one recently, even sitting outside at night you wil hear one in the distance somewhere, then their horn blowing from airbags going off.

And the crazy S**T happening around here is just nuts!! I saw a robbery last week, then started following the news, all kinds of crap around here, or adjoining counties....Yes, think Meth has a hand in it....Some nights, real late at night, I can smell it cooking when the breeze blows from the right direction. Burns your throat just trying to smell what direction it's coming from....

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
Went through that mess here shortly after moving way out here. People would set up a mobile lab in vans. I'd call it in anytime I smelled it. Wasn't long before and they stopped coming out here. Last I heard, there had been several arrests to the east of us, much closer to town. But so far, no more burning chemical smells.

OP
OP
Terry Soloman

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went through that mess here shortly after moving way out here. People would set up a mobile lab in vans. I'd call it in anytime I smelled it. Wasn't long before and they stopped coming out here. Last I heard, there had been several arrests to the east of us, much closer to town. But so far, no more burning chemical smells.

Tho I really don't deal with that "Deal" is a the wrong word (Associate) with that side of society anymore from what I can tell .
The Mexican Cartels have Filled the HQ Ice demand in my area, & many 'cooks' are locked up or Tweeked Out.

Heroin is the big thing , now that the Doctors have been put in their place, but now responsible people who really need Opiate Treatment have to Suffer.
&
Heck on the Speedway the State Troopers will usually not stop u until you are going 30 over the Limit =(Super Speeder Law).
GD

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I got one, but it wouldn't stay attached to the windshield with the cheap suction cup. It really needs a good mount, but from what I see they can be almost as expensive as the camera itself. I need good ideas on this. The wife also objected to a wire hanging down as she said it looks bad and distracted her. I got it a year ago because of the crazy drivers out there. Just 2 days ago I caught a police chase on my home security camera with a guy doing in excess of 100mph on this small 25mph residential street. If people really saw how much goes on day to day they would be alarmed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread