For those who go deep into the hills and woods

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a device sold in most outdoor shops that is a transponder that hooks up to the satellite system.
If truly lost or injured, it will send out a ping signal to a satellite that will alert search and rescue. Similar to the transponder an airplane uses in the black box on the airplane.
They run about $250, but give you the peace of mind in case you hike alone or do something stupid like get lost or fall off a cliff. Just info to pass on. They are very small and can easily be carried in a small pack.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you for sharing!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, thanks for sharing. I don't do that anymore, too much arthritis. Generally dig in sight of a road. Or in someone's front lawn.

Blkcloud

Apr 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of folks in Alaska use them.. don't know if they have the glitches worked out or not.. several of them were hunting several different times and a bunch of people came looking for them.. it was sending distress signals for no reason

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I should get my wife one of these............she can get lost in a phone booth! :laughing11:

Thanks for the post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread