Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I understand why so many things are "lost in the translation".... :laughing7::censored:

" Bunden hund bykser ikkje lenger enn bandet rekk "

A tied dog does not jump farther than his cord.*

:cat: :occasion14:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I understand why so many things are "lost in the translation".... :laughing7::censored:

" Bunden hund bykser ikkje lenger enn bandet rekk "

A tied dog does not jump farther than his cord.*

:cat: :occasion14:

Yep, that one was really lost!. But, you need to be careful of that statement. Oroblanco told about one of his dogs that lured someone into the range of his cord. Not all dogs will let you know the length of the cord......

JB

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, that one was really lost!. But, you need to be careful of that statement. Oroblanco told about one of his dogs that lured someone into the range of his cord. Not all dogs will let you know the length of the cord......

JB

They can use an elastic one.

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can use an elastic one.

JB

So true, gentlemen. But in the aforementioned instance, the dog I was referring to was Me.

I will try to be more careful with my metaphors. :notworthy:

As to those other mutts....why do you think I carry the cattle prod?? :wink::coffee2:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So true, gentlemen. But in the aforementioned instance, the dog I was referring to was Me.

I will try to be more careful with my metaphors. :notworthy:

As to those other mutts....why do you think I carry the cattle prod?? :wink::coffee2:

1. I, for one, would never think of you as a dog.
2. If you were, you would be one of the dogs that would keep the length of cord a secret.
3. I thought that the cattle prod was only for encouraging a certain person to work on his book. I guess I better be a little more careful in the future......

JB

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww...you're too sweet, JB. And a lady has to have some secrets ya know.

Truth is, Don Jose de Procrastinator has us all on a short leash till he decides to cease and desist his perpetual siesta and get busy. I'm thinking a good ankle biting campaign is in order. I'd be happy to chair the committee ....;D

dog_walker_zpshnmedo8b.jpg

audigger53

Mar 27, 2004
Severn, Maryland
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Truth is, Don Jose de Procrastinator has us all on a short leash till he decides to cease and desist his perpetual siesta and get busy. I'm thinking a good ankle biting campaign is in order. I'd be happy to chair the committee ....;D

Scary when you can tell some of the dogs breed from the back. ;) I did notice that there were no Roadies on the leash there. The rope tail and hair ridge is easy to notice.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

SWEET?? Are you trying to ruin my reputation? Just ask Don Jose how sweet I am!

JB

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SF, only thing is" treat her like a well educated, sharp lady, which she is." psst, Zinfandel wine is her weakness

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SF, only thing is" treat her like a well educated, sharp lardy, which she is." psst, Zinfandel wine is her weakness

Gracias, Jefe, and I will forgive your " Lardy " description :tongue3:....IF you will be so gracious as to share another story with us.

:coffee2:

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias, Jefe, and I will forgive your " Lardy " description :tongue3:....IF you will be so gracious as to share another story with us.

:coffee2:

Boy, you really do have a sunny disposition! But i second the call for another story.

As a side note, I recently heard from Crow, and he asked me to pass on a hello and best regards to all. He (and the others) are still constrained from communicating, so we won't be hearing from them in the near future anyway.

JB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread