Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, that book answered many questions that I had.

Probably the most informative book on the subject.

I had always wondered how the Spanish knew where to prospect for silver, especially here in Arkansas.

The authors were careful not to give up too much information, while educating the intelligent few.

I still don't want to read it again....

#/;0{>~

I have the link I posted in my favorite file...I like to check it out every now and again on certain issues...Some people would rather argue over who came to America and how and when...I would much rather do searchs on other things...Like: Gold and Geology of Josephine County - Oregon Gold , Petrology and petrogenesis of the Trinity peridotite, An upper mantle diapir in the eastern Klamath Mountains, northern California - Quick - 1981 - Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth - Wiley Online Library ,https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1....1.64.psy-ab..2.2.292...0i22i30k1.z2UzlMLVqE4, https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...4.psy-ab..1.13.1634...0j0i22i30k1.24nD9ylrU7U and one for the ldm hunters https://www.google.com/search?q=per...ome..69i57.10257j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8 ... I could go on...But what do I know???

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a little more food for thought for ya'll...https://pubs.usgs.gov/bul/1660/report.pdf You have got to love the usgs...They have loads and loads of good reading... Who would have thunk platinum could be found in magnetic black sands???I wonder how much platinum I have tossed out over the years???I wonder if a camillum had a magnet in it somewhere???I wonder... :)

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Pt is none magnetic, it's association (%) with Fe gives it magnetic properties. The canon made with the iron ores o Cuba contained sufficient Pt that they were often melted down later when they had learned enough about Pt. The orginal pt objects were simply small Pt pellets hammered together into shapes, they hadn't learned o reach a high enough heat to cast it. Incidentally there are only a few assay offices capable of assaying it correctly.

How did you know that you actually had Pt ?

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John, Pt is none magnetic, it's association (%) with Fe gives it magnetic properties. The canon made with the iron ores o Cuba contained sufficient Pt that they were often melted down later when they had learned enough about Pt. The orginal pt objects were simply small Pt pellets hammered together into shapes, they hadn't learned o reach a high enough heat to cast it. Incidentally there are only a few assay offices capable of assaying it correctly.
https://www.google.com/search?q=mag...9i60j69i61.19562j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
Here is some food for thought... and some reading as well https://www.google.com/search?q=mag...9i60j69i61.19562j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

I am aware of the heat factor Don Jose and I am aware of the assayer factor as well...

As far as knowing how I have platinum...I took an educated guess...And there are quite a few things that are more than coincidence that led me to believe that I have platinum... Who knows??? I could be wrong... I could have tungsten...lol... But I doubt that... And yes it is my personal opinion that I may have stumbled upon Tayopa or the ldm of the Peralta stones or who knows what other treasure tale...

Last edited:

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bring on the Kahlua... :) Or Gin... Heck... When in Rome... Bring on the Tequila... Mackaydon

Mine eyes have seen Tayopa...And of this I am quite sure...At the time I was quite drunk...And the whole trip is just a blur... I spent six days on a mule... And my poor ass got really sore... I'll not go there again...Glory glory oh Tayopa... Glory glory oh Tayopa...Glory glory oh Tayopa... Your locations safe with me...In the second verse there is a I'll cut back on the Gin as well...hehehe... Gin is the devil I tell you... Don't drink and prospect!!! I can't reiterate this enough...

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
facinating experiment John, but I can't help wondering why did the magnet keep moving when the attractng element was removed ?? Loaded experiment ??

tayopa location is simple, now ! ---- Co-ord.jpg

Last edited:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning my friend: sorry for the delay in answering your pm. You asked about the Yaqui, I lived with them for over 5 years. they gave me a Bible in Yaqui and told me the story of the orig Yaqui being of around 1 meter in height. During this time they told me of many of their legends, including the one of Yo-o-bwa (?)

In the early days the small Yaqui were hunted by large birds of prey that lived in the Bacatetes and the mts around ciudad Obregon. They especially liked the young Yaqui.

One day a gigantic negro appeared and commenced to live with them. He dedicated himself to fighting the birds. He killed them with arrows, destroyed their eggs and nests. Eventually the surviving birds flew off to some other region. He became their hero.

One day Juan asked me if I would like to see his skeleton, naturally I agreed wondering just how big this giant Negro was. He took me on a roundabout way to his land to a cave. Inside was the skeleton of a 'normal' human surrounded by faded bits of cloth, burned candles, and flowers.
He told me no pictures nor could I touch anything

Late the Yaqui were being subjected to a land confiscating push by the rich landowners surrounding them by way of the last gov't land treaty.

When the Yaqui made the last treaty, the gov't gave them a map of the agreed upon limits of their territory, but someone lost it. Since they couldn't come up with official proof of the boundaries, the push was on to reduce them.. By coincidence I found a huge military book dedicated to the Yaqui campaign in the early 1900's which had a beautifully done map of the Yaqui territory done by a col.

I immediately gave this to Juan, who then led a committee to Mexico city and were not only able to stop the land grab, but to actually recover a large amount that had been illegally enroached upon, actually to the limits of Present Obregon. Since it was impossible to return the land, now occupied for a gen or so, the gov't agreed to install an irrigation system for them.

The new canal runs parallel to the main highway north of Obregon. In the process of digging the canal they found many utensils of stone scaled to the size of the original Yaqui, thus semi confirming Juan's story.

I had many adventures with them and was privileged to be allowed / invited to some of their very private ceremonies, ones that the Yori's are not normally allowed to attend, but that is for another day. ®@

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
facinating experiment John, but I can't help wondering why did the magnet keep moving when the attractng element was removed ?? Loaded experiment ??

tayopa location is simple, now ! ---- View attachment 1490036

You would have to ask the person who performed the experiment Don Jose...It could be rigged...Aren't most things in life rigged??? I personally strongly suggest that one learn how to perform a little test on any ore on their own... Because I have learned the hard way not to trust any assayer when it comes to given you an honest result... ;)

JohnWhite

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites gmt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
eRR kOHN - YOU LEFT YOURSELF WIDE OPEN, BUT NOT SERIOUS, AND IN FUN ,BUT WHICH aSS, :tongue3:

My poor buttocks that had never been on a mule before and the poor mule who had probably never had to carry over 200 lbs for six days...lol

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Compadre Don Jose,

Wishing you a happy birthday, you can put that book work down for today. I hear Virgos are suppose to be hard workers:dontknow:, it does explain your feminine side. I won't say what side that is :laughing7:. Brindo por tu salud :occasion14:

Homar

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Compadre Don Jose,

Wishing you a happy birthday, you can put that book work down for today. I hear Virgos are suppose to be hard workers:dontknow:, it does explain your feminine side. I won't say what side that is :laughing7:. Brindo por tu salud :occasion14:

Homar

Mi Amigo, your brain is waterlogged. You've lost a month.

Perhaps a dance is in order......

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mi Amigo, your brain is waterlogged. You've lost a month.

Perhaps a dance is in order......

A whole month? :o Well I don't really keep track of my Compadre's deposit date, just saw it anounced on TNet's forum page under today's birthdays.

Thanks for the dance though mi Amiga:headbang:

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gracias DON Corozone.Was born in OCT, el libra, in 1923, sheesh,, how time flies, nny 5o 56 more yeeas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread