Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i flew in to the nearest landing field, but no-one was there to meet me with a mule - two hours walk from the airport

9ho one net me at what was laughingly calld an airport with a mule, for the two hr walk to the Merc mine, so i shouldered my gear and took off...... I staggered into camp only to find it desertd also, so made dinner on the oven and prepared to sleep next to the oven for the heat. As I lay there luxurating in the warmpthI felt somthing scufling between me and the sides of the oven. Beleaving that it was a lost dog I moved further away the oven giving it some exposure to the heat, which was accepted because it soon settled down. In the cold morning the oven was still radiating heat, so I just lay there faceing awy from the oven, when I finally turnes I found myself facing not a doggie, but was face to snout with a huge piggy. We stared at each other for what seded like an hour, then I finally gor up and went about making breakfast, being sure there was enough for ny piggy, She followed me around, just watching me rather intently, I guess that since we had slept together she considered us as encaged. thus passed the dayd oing small things until the men , that I found out later had been attending a wedding, started to return, this explained their absence, My girl friend followed me everywhere, to the amusement of the men, Thus passed two days then I had to leave. When I had to catsh the airplane the piggy folowed me to the aircraft. Immediately after I left , the piggy left. They never did find out from where she came from but my sex appeal must have been overwhelming, anyway we made a hit, anf the men up there are still makeing lewd jokes. Sigh
/0

Last edited:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jose, had you allowed her to accompany you on the plane, we would all have the answer to that often response of refusal in conversation, as to
“When pigs fly!”

#/;0{>~

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Don Jose,
Actually, my crew at times were not too particular and occasionally pigs were brought on board-the two legged ones. Though the boat had a no-booze rule, there was no rule against indulging in adult beverages on shore and occasionally bringing back a 'guest' for the night-as long as the 'oink-oink' noises didn't disturbed the other crew members.
Don.......

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is very good, but ____. Once as I ws working at San Quintin, the Calif max security prison, theyt have a music hour in the evening. There was this colored man who had managed to acquire a set of Bongo drums, which he was driving the other prisoners, excuse me - inmates- crazy. Every night he would pour out his soul. This continued night after night until about half of the block was telling him just where he could put his (Damned) bongo drums, to no avail, until one prisoner yelled " aw leave the pore s,o,b. alone, he is just sending hie mother a letter" There was a dead silencefor a while, then a feeble taps, then never more bongos - I wonder what he did with them?

La Rue

Feb 16, 2019
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
She is very good, but ____. Once as I ws working at San Quintin, the Calif max security prison, theyt have a music hour in the evening. There was this colored man who had managed to acquire a set of Bongo drums, which he was driving the other prisoners, excuse me - inmates- crazy. Every night he would pour out his soul. This continued night after night until about half of the block was telling him just where he could put his (Damned) bongo drums, to no avail, until one prisoner yelled " aw leave the pore s,o,b. alone, he is just sending hie mother a letter" There was a dead silencefor a while, then a feeble taps, then never more bongos - I wonder what he did with them?

Hey Toyopa

where's Kanabite ( Bob ) ?

and how come you ain't over there reading El Chato Treasureman's Thread in Victorio Peak Forum ?

and what Happen to your Buddy " Gullable Yum " ?

NP's little Map is for the " Cookes Range " and is not 7 Capt.'s Making a Deposit

That Map relates them ,, it's a Military Action to go into and get El Chato.

The Mesa , the Canyons
the Map fits His Mountains

Cookes Peak Looks like a Horses Face on the South side

that's what Chato meant

Head into the Caballo ( Caballo PEAK , not Mountain )

1646 , well , took a while to get him , 3 years to get him and return to MC

Treasminder2 is on site , lot's of Treasure there .

Massacre Canyon , Cookes Range NM

Pffft ,,, Taking treasure north and depositing it there

NO

Seven Capt.'s head out to Capture El Chato , YES

that's what NP's Leedle Map is Displaying .

Burp !

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
La Rue

The " almacen " word from the lil map , is the nickname of El Chato ?

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose,
Actually, my crew at times were not too particular and occasionally pigs were brought on board-the two legged ones. Though the boat had a no-booze rule, there was no rule against indulging in adult beverages on shore and occasionally bringing back a 'guest' for the night-as long as the 'oink-oink' noises didn't disturbed the other crew members.
Don.......

Hello Don I had those rules too.

That dastardly old wicked beach bum of pirate I know broke everyone of them.:tongue3:

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Irt's about time you showed up Kanacki my friend

Hello Don Amigo

I have been lurking every now and again. Living on an island in the Pacific the outside cares of world almost ceases to exist. I need reminders of outside world to remember I have not fallen into a dream My friend.

Kanacki

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Amigo

Good to see you up and posting. A little black birdy told me you had some mining companies showing interest in exploring areas near you? Maybe the penny is dropping that your sitting on a fortune amigo?

Kanacki

Last edited:

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Señor Kanacki, good to see you posting again.......how is the old beach bum pirate doing? I'm guessing the baby crow has changed his life considerably.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Señor Kanacki, good to see you posting again.......how is the old beach bum pirate doing? I'm guessing the baby crow has changed his life considerably.

Buenos días Doc

viejos cuervos are impulsive curious creatures and lot smarter than people give them credit.

He is doing quite well for himself being quite civic and respectable these days. His wings have been clipped and caged with family duties. But do not be fooled the viejos cuervos reach is extensive and old pirate is no doubt plotting and scheming various ventures by proxy. A leopard never changes his spots amigo!

Kanacki

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanacki, not so good, but I cant ' really complain. Noront of Canada offered me $400,000 and shares, for the lil Escondida. after their Geologist examined it. but after the first payment, they had a proxy fight and the winner dacided no maore investments outside of Canada. on the Tayopa, while I still hold the title, no action - but then I haven't tried promoting her. It seems she will go down as a patromony of Mexico. As for the book, there are times when I seems to be riding a bow wave then I run into the Doldrums, but it will de edited, then printed, I promise, I have plenty of time, I am only 95 , still have 45 years to go..

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone is looking down on you, and she wants to see you happy, healthy and successful with your life story ....

#/;0{>~

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Good to see you posting Mi Major. Just wondered about the dry country you roamed. How many gallons of water a day do a horse or mule require when in rough terrain and carrying a full or near full load? Did you carry it if not readily available? Could you cover 20-30 miles a day if not in mountains?
Here in the mid-west water is pretty much readily available but I've read enough Louie Lamore to know down there it isn't. Just figured travel had to be limited to how far from water you can go. All my best. Good luck.

Real of Tayopa

Bronze Member
Sep 4, 2016
Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well mail man I always Took better care of my mule than myself. In the high country there is generaly enough water for your animal with planning. I generally carried a two qt canteen, 1/2 for me, half for the mule. With planning, no trouble, but once while backpacking, We made a bad miscalculation, we were without water for three days . That taught me the importance of water. only blind luck enabled us to survive Interesting story there.

Last edited:

uglymailman

Bronze Member
Feb 3, 2010
Thanks Mi Major. (You can call me ugly bein's were friends) You and the mule are much stronger than I. I can go through a gallon of water if working in hot weather. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread