Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter - Page 51
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 51 of 609 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151551 ... LastLast
Like Tree51008Likes

Thread: Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Fortune Favors the BOLD, while Karma Favors the Wise!

Jan 2006
    Arizona Vagrant
    Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID
    7287 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    COMPUTER VIRUS? I think you've been spending too much time with yer toilet paper eatin' mistress!

Mike
    Matthew 6:21; "For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also"

"You wouldn't like me when I'm mad, because I back up my rage with hard facts and logic!" - The Credible Hulk

"Where do they teach you to post like this? In some Panama City "Sailor wanna hump-hump" bar, or is it getaway day and your last shot at whiskey? Sell crazy someplace else, we're all stocked up here."

............... ALWAYS REMEMBER: When you make a typo, the errorists win...................Aloha Snackbar!

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Mikelite, What a depressing, dedication, to deviant decisions, and desires you have developed. Sigh, now what do I have to insult that Dakotaite and his sheep with ? Inicidentally he once sent me a picture of the Queen of the herd -flock 0r ?? which I ill post A SOON as the desk top is up and running full bore again

Which reminds me, keep fresh batteries in your phone so we can home in and at least recover a nice pair of hiking boots 'and' the keys to MY land Rover.

Seriously hi mike, el Gulllum.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Last edited by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp; Dec 18, 2013 at 05:17 PM.
    "I exist to live, not live to exist"

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9756 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp View Post
    Mikelite, What a depressing, dedication, to deviant, decisions, and desires you have developed. Sigh, now what do I have to insult that Dakotaite and his sheep with ? Inicidentally he once sent me a picture of the Queen of the herd -flock 0r ?? which I ill post A SOON as the desk top is up and running full bore again

Which reminds me, keep fresh batteries in your phone so we can home in and at least recover a nice pair of hiking boots 'and' the keys to MY land Rover.

Seriously hi mike, el Gulllum.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Don Jose and your purty mule - Mike simply doesn't understand that you are I are both ANIMAL LOVERS!

Now about those adventures.....
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Geeze Oro, what kinda a life do you think that I have lived to be able to come up with a 'true' adventure daily ?? Seriously, I will be running out of materiel for the err, ah, a bit tarde book.Do your share. ame goes for the res tof you , post.,

'\Don Jose d eLa Mancha

Charter Member
    us
    "WP"

May 2012
    32913 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JDDDL8-221009-143435.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	31.7 KB 
ID:	930201

To check mailbox 2/10 mile away today required a skating display on the snow covered ice using crutches, followed by an ungraceful ride on golf cart with left front wheel sticking causing some odd fishtailing. I would borrow Don Jose,s mule but he would not part with her.
    They say in time you resemble your partner a little.
    Last edited by releventchair; Jan 14, 2014 at 04:54 PM.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Hi r chair, coffee? Where did you get that picture?? It look startlingly like me in those days? sigh

Don Jose de La Mancha
    releventchair likes this.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Ladies & Gentlemen, no coffee until some of you start posting. I have to keep some things for the book, no ? .

Don Jose d eLa Mancha

us
    Sep 2013
    1010 times
    Ladies & Gentlemen, no coffee until some of you start posting. I have to keep some things for the book, no ? . Don Jose d eLa Mancha
    I want your book, today! Every footstep. All adventures! You will make Raiders of the Lost Ark look like a simple walk in the park. Often, from my Dad's plane I used to see a mountain in between the general area of Hermasillo/Obregon that seems (from above) to house a pretty significant cave. It always intrigued me. Have you seen it? Does Mt. Alamos house any caves? Have you seen the old miners tokens they used to have in Aduana? I saw one on eBay yesterday for the first time. Pretty cute. The Alamos silver minted coins are fetching a pretty good price too. I just finished reading The Almada's of Alamos (again) and The Hummingbirds daughter. So good. Now I just want Don Jose' de la Mancha's!!! I will bring a book I wrote to you in March. Now, do I get coffee
    UncleMatt likes this.

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    G'd morning luv, will your hubby and you join Jim, Nancy, and me for our morning coffee? Yes I have seen the Quintera script money, once found a an olla full of them.. As for Alamos minted coins, i had quite a few, mostly 1888. can't find any right now, I have given most away to honest collectors who appreciate them and will take care of them, , in one case a crippled young boy. A handful were uncirculated.

Yes, there are many caves in the Alamos region, some still contain effectively untouched cliff dwelling..

As for mt Alamos, in Aduana there is a shaft that connects with a welll constructed tunnel that apparently exists somehwer south of Alamos. It passes under the Mt. The floor is covered with white sand - increased visibility ?? -- and did have a flow of fresh air, but lately the flow has diminished, prob due to a partial cave in somewhere.

Alamos Mt is covered with old mines and prospect holes, but today only a handfull are still visible or 'known'. Want some stories on them ?

Don Jose de la mancha ( he who has adapted thoroughly to old Mexican customs ---Manana )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8 REALES Alamos minted. 1885.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	938536
    Last edited by Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp; Jan 31, 2014 at 09:14 AM.

us
    Sep 2013
    1010 times
    Ah! I am on my tip-toes! I can't wait to hear more. Yes! My hubby, sis, and parents will ALL love coffee. As you know, my parents gave me their heart of adventure, like them. My hubby laughs at me everyday, finding me up to my neck in holes. Right now I am practicing my old privy skills. My girlfriends want to get a polished manicure, while I can't wait to keep getting my hands dirty. I love that you shared your coins. Good story. So cool. I took my detector into the arroyo behind the sugar mill section of the hacienda (awhile after hurricane Norbert came to town). I did not come across any silver but my kids and I collected so many old, awesome pieces of aged colored tile and pretty rocks, we could have built a dam bigger than the one in Mocuzari. Speaking of which, I recently heard a story from a local friend there, that at one time, there was a village, that had become flooded and covered for a century or two near there. Now, in thinking of the former drought, if it (the story) is true, what fun it would be to walk amongst the ruins there! Now, I do not want to veer off of your amazing Tayopa page, so should I send my thoughts to your TNet box instead? What fun it is to know you. I actually remember a few years ago, when my dad was telling me "Jodi, you would love my friend, and of the stories he holds and of the experiences he has had". And, lo and behold, I met you by accident, out of all the millions of people in the world, here on Treasurenet. Boy, that cracked him up. He loved it! Whoop-whoop!

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Hi Jodie luv, yes the towns do exist in the Macuzari, and the other at the smaller dam just to the south. HOWEVER, periodically they are uncovered, but with a few ft of extremely fine silt -- a very sloppy,muddy, proposition, Go look for Cromwell's ship in the bay just below Agiabampo. Course if you prefer a more modern ship try the Gernam submarine off of Guivalai.

I presume that you know that when Villas' troops occupied Alamos, the mint took all of their coins and buried some of them in the arroyo or threw them down a well alongside of the Arroyo. they have never been recovered. Sooo there they wait for you to get yer grubby paws on them.

Stories on alaoms I have, lots,.

Don Jose de La Mancha

us
    Sep 2013
    1010 times
    Hi Jodie luv, yes the towns do exist in the Macuzari, and the other at the smaller dam just to the south. HOWEVER, periodically they are uncovered, but with a few ft of extremely fine silt -- a very sloppy,muddy, proposition, Go look for Cromwell's ship in the bay just below Agiabampo. Course if you prefer a more modern ship try the Gernam submarine off of Guivalai. I presume that you know that when Villas' troops occupied Alamos, the mint took all of their coins and buried some of them in the arroyo or threw them down a well alongside of the Arroyo. they have never been recovered. Sooo there they wait for you to get yer grubby paws on them. Stories on alaoms I have, lots,. Don Jose de La Mancha
    . Oh, my! Well, well, well. I have a very good idea where one of those wells might just be. I cannot wait to share some of these super stories in person. I don't care how dirty I got, btw, I would sludge and even swim through the mud, , around Macuzari. When I come this spring, I am going to head down the Rio Mayo. I have never done that, have you? I used to go to Chuchajaqui with Jamie quite a bit. What a wonder! What memories. Can't wait to make more. Muddy, muddy more. Laughing, too.
    UncleMatt likes this.

Jun 2013
    173 times
    Good Evening Don ,
    Grab yourself a coffee amigo , after extensive and exhaustive research , i finally understand your reluctance and evasiveness in producing that much sort after book of yours , and , i think, it may due to having already done the film in the 70`s

um
    Nemo me impune lacesset

Jan 2005
    DAKOTA TERRITORY
    Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
    9756 times
    Quote Originally Posted by banana skin slippers View Post
    Good Evening Don ,
    Grab yourself a coffee amigo , after extensive and exhaustive research , i finally understand your reluctance and evasiveness in producing that much sort after book of yours , and , i think, it may due to having already done the film in the 70`s

Banana Slippers - for our Don Jose, afortunado propietario el Minas y Tesoro el Real de Tayopa does not need to be reminded of the Hollywood version; after all - whom did you think that movie was about?
    Mastiff4me likes this.
    SUPPORT THE BEEF INDUSTRY - EAT BEEF
    "We must find a way, or we will make one."--Hannibal Barca

mx
    Nov 2004
    Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
    11925 times
    Gentlemen, whiie I didn't fly a helicopter against insurgents or narcos, I did find that oro liked interigating prisoners. Those look like Chapos boys.

Don Jose de La Mancha
    Oroblanco likes this.

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links