Misc data and adventures of a Tayopa treasure hunter

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
When I get my computer back on line, I may try to go back and turn those posts into a ruff manuscript and mail it to Jose.

Watch your mailbox Don Jose!

#/;0):*--

Watch it amigo or he will have yet another excuse for MANANA! :tongue3: Actually your idea just might work too! :thumbsup: :notworthy: I don't know if they are still available but he had posted some great posts some years ago here, might be still in archive.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he doesn't hold me to that. My living off the grid may last longer than planned.
Realigning my resources may take longer than planned.
Doing that from my phone would make me go blind.
Tiny buttons and autocorrect would make me lose my mind.

That came out like crappy poetrey... that is just like autocorrect would.

#/80):*--

Alamosmoon

Dec 14, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Dearest Don Jose', I have returned to Florida. What a glorious trip it was, and I have to thank you for a splendid afternoon. What fun we all had! You, too, exceeded my every expectation. We could have talked and laughed all day. I did take my nephew out for a digging date, and we found 5 coins! I left the detector with him, as he is now hooked! Big smile.

Shortfinger

Apr 7, 2015
Valley Center, CA/Yuma, AZ
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope he doesn't hold me to that. My living off the grid may last longer than planned.
Realigning my resources may take longer than planned.
Doing that from my phone would make me go blind.
Tiny buttons and autocorrect would make me lose my mind.

That came out like crappy poetrey... that is just like autocorrect would.

#/80):*--

Well, Mikel, it seems to me you have your own book to write. Don Jose already has some of his book written, including a marvelous cover design, even if it is only in these forums. However, if you want to collect the stories and send them off to him, that might give him a jump start? Because he sure seems to need one. By the way, I hate the autocorrect also. So stupid. Great poetry.

JB

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah. My book is up to date for now. I'm waiting for others to get there stuff together.
I think it's about time to poke them a little.
I think I will get mine done before I could start on his.
Once the triangle is decoded I will work out the ending. Then registered. (C). And published!
So much still left to do.
I want it done this year.

I gotta make some phone calls.

MIKEL

OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MIKEL, WHLE THAT IS A MEMORABLE OFFER,IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY UNWISE. i HAVE HAD OCCAISION TO GO BACK THROUGH OLD POSTS TO SEE IF i WAS DUPLICTING STORIES. SHEESH, AFTER GOING THROUGH YEA MANY PAGES, I GAVE UP.

ALONG WITH SOME THOUSANDS OF PAGES ON TAYOPA, THERE ARE SOME ON THE REDICULOUS TO THE SUBLIME, == DOWSING - EXPERIMENTS ON THE PARANORMAL, LRD, ETC., AND ON.

SO YOU ARE RELIEVED OF THAT MY FRIEND, AND I DO THANK YOU FOR THAT OFFER.

WHO'D THUNK THAT I WOULD BE SUCH A ####### WHEN i JOINED ?

P.S. THIS IS IN CAPITALS FOR MEKELS BENEFIT.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am honored that you used the caps for me. Now that I'm on my phone with autocorrect, I have to read my posts two or three times.
I'm amazed at how much easier it for my brain to read your post than mine.

I will be so happy to be clacking on my old keyboard.
I am hoping for my final draft to be ready in late October to early November.

Thanks amigo.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I didn't get my phone calls made in time last night. Thunder storms took out at least one cell tower last night. They are patching calls and server time around them all day today with possibly 72 hours to complete repairs.
I hate holding patterns.
#/;0(*

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My dad called me a few days ago and said that my great uncle wants me to teach him as much as I can in one day with him.

He had told Dad that one of his employees has several old maps and one of them covered the area around my site.
I think that is the carrot on the stick to drag me out of my comfort zone.

He is planning an expedition to the superstitions...

I think it may be a short class.

The map is enough to get me there. Dad is going to drive me out to his place in central .AR.

My great uncle has several claim sites in Alaska and
several dredges as well, but now he wants to try his hand the LDM.

I want to put my hands on that map, and keep it if I can.

I need to find my poker face...

Still a few weeks to get to that point.

EVERYBODY REMAIN CALM!
Lol
MIKEL
#/;0):--

Last edited:
OP
OP
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola:

I mentioned that I was ruduced to one finger typing, well that is modified now.

Seversl days ago I woke up with complete loss of movement or control of my left hand and leg -- yep a stroke.

After the usual feeling sorry for myelf, I remembered my experaments in Taosim and mind control and decided to actually do what I preached.. My belief of multi simultanous channels and concentrated on them

Believe me it is frustrating to will a finger to move -and it doesn't, then eventually a slight suggestion of a movement. After that it is Katie bar the doors

End result that I have Regained 80 % contol and am continuiing

But in any event I am able to eontinue the book on tayopa.

I doubt that I'll ever be able to go back to Tayopa, but it has already filled my memory book

J.A.A.

Sep 1, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Pro Pointer
Don Jose-
The audience feverishly awaiting your book is your treasure now. You've lived a life most (myself included) could only dream about. No need for feeling sorry about ones self when one has experienced all that you have. Now, it's time to share the story; not just to satisfy the interested, but to teach us the history of the story as well....

.....and yes, to satisfy our interest!!! Wink wink!

Hope you're feeling better.

All the best to you and yours-
Justin

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
But Don who tilts/ Tramp,,you are part of Tayopa.:coffee2:
Worse case...you see it from another angle/vantage point.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don Jose. If anyone can rise from ashes, it is you.
Self discipline is for the strong of mind. That is you, by definition.

My father in law could not speak for six weeks after he had a stroke, until he remembered that he also spoke Spanish, German and polish. From those he rebuilt the first language.
I believe you are stronger than he is.
You are in my prayers and shall remain there for the long haul.

I'm happy to know that you can still write.
Easy on the sock coffee.

Mikel
#/;0/:--

Loke

Mar 24, 2010
Republic of Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
... or be a bit more particular about _whose_ socks they are/were ... ;-)
Speedy recovery my friend!

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Gracias JAA my friend :coffee2::coffee2: I think that it was caused by the lack of coffee :laughing7::laughing7:

Hey amigo, someone recently sent me extra coffee, ( not saying any names RdTTT ), so I'll share. :coffee2::coffee2::coffee2:
Please Don Jose, you somehow need to share more of your experiences, if not, then what you have seen and done will pretty much go un-remembered and will be a TREMENDOUS LOSS for future adventurers. There are many others here, that should think about this as well. Many of us have kids who have grown up not interested in what we did and so they are the end of our story. My parents both passed at an early age and now I find I have so many questions I should have asked, but never did, because I viewed them as immortal. Now........ I find myself daily wishing I spent much much more time with them. You guys,( and you know who you are ), are a constant source of motivation and the will to keep that dream alive for ALL of us here.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread