VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Buen Suerte!! Ten Cuidado!! Busca Duro!! VERDE!!

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crow, so you always have a back up plan, hmmm, With my wild, weird mind, perhaps you should ---?????

Nah, never mind, I'll read about it in the News one day, how that legendary, lost treasure of xxxxx has been plucked by a trio of unknown reincarnations of Bully.

Rumors of this unholy trio have been floating all over Polynesia saying that they are on a continuous party with their all girl crew ?? some even say that the first provisions to be restocked, are in the booze dept ?

Oh to be a swabby under those conditions, sigh, almost be willing to give up my mule trips. Just think, water soo blue that you could use it for ink, so clear that you can look down for hundreds of feet, flying fish scattering in front of your bow wave - one can scoop up a few for dinner. The sea and wind perfect to just keep cruising on to your next tropical paradise with an occasional albatross perched up in the rigging for a free ride. No time schedule to follow, just go to where your heart leads you.

Sigh :laughing7::occasion14::icon_thumleft::hello2::censored::coffee2:

Don Jose de La Mancha

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seguro Don Jose!! Las Ninas y Las Barcas!! Igualmente con un copita!! Buen Suerte!! VERDE!! Y tambien por el Crow!!

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Como No Don Jose!! Yoy soy muy viejo!! The mind is willing but the body not!! Now as far as one Copita that is another story!! VERDE!!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gdmorning, freshly brewed coffee is in the pot, help your self.

As I have mentioned almost all of the characteistics for the lost Naranjal fits the old closed / hidden Spanish Mine to the west of Tayopa. It is in a deep barranca, has orange colored Gold, primitive oranges, the mesa, the mesa Campanero, is up to the north of it, perhaps 500 meters further up the canyon. It was abandoned, so they tell me, during the Juarez revolution,

The one thing that I can't truly account for is it being in a different state and much further to the north of the road marker which is just below Tubares in Sinaloa, that was reported to me, but then there were no clear boundries in those days.

Since it has never been found, one can easily transpose it from Sinaloa to Sonora, especially if one were to follow the old royal road, perhaps further north there is still lies another road marker with the same data as the southern one. Axample, you can start for Az from Californna and see many road signs saying Az that a way -->

a road sign does not necessarily mean the missing mine is nearby unless it says so.

THE' Tayopa lies some 60 miles further south from the original Tayopa, #!, NO 2 lies about 2/3 of the way to the Tayopa of Dobies legend no. 3. ours.

The location of the Sinloa/Durango Naranjal only lies about that much further below the state line. So it is entirely within reason that the Tayopa location for Naranjal could be correct. Fascinating thought , what is known is that there is a fabulously rich, orange colored Gold mine hidden there within a small distance.

Some day I may go look for it with a geo chem kit after I have finished with Tayopa, one cannot become too diverted or nothing would ever be done.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Naranjo mining claim monument.jpg Naranjo complex distant view.jpg Noronja view close up.jpg

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigos,

Cactusjumper, have you ever been to your local county courthouse, to research the title deeds, mortgages etc of a property? The mine records in Mexico are not far different, as far as I understand it, though I have not ever been to Mexico, yet. Mexico also has quite a national archive, which some day I also plan to visit, which is in Mexico city as you know and I think is the sort of "archive" you were thinking of.

Don Jose muchas gracias por los cumplidos, however ill-deserved. I am planning to spend some time in northern Mexico, hopefully next year if possible, Beth and I have something we must check out in person that can only be done in person; dogs are a major problem of course which may limit our time. All that said, I do not know that I would have any better luck at entering caved entradas del minas; I would sooner spend the time and work to re-open it, safely, and put in any needed shoring. From what little I know of the mines of Tayopa, it would be worth the time and effort to repair the entrances.

I remain unconvinced that your site is one and the same with El Naranjal however, respectfully, and have issues such as the time period; Naranjal was active at the time of the Mexican revolution, circa 1810-21, which is a century out of synch with Tayopa. There are a number of references to places known to be in Sinaloa and Durango, far from the location of Tayopa. The road sign also, indicates that a Spanish royal road still existed there at least to 1810, which should alone be enough to raise questions about being located anywhere near Tayopa, or Tayopa would not have remained lost very long, it would have been found by that time, logically. Also there is the neighboring mine, Juana del Arco, (Joan of Arc) a silver mine. However please feel free to disregard my objections, one or all, you present a most interesting case. I just don't think we can make the leap that because of the finding of the small oranges associated with El Naranjal, and that Tayopa has such a rich zone of mineralization, then they must be the same.

Please do continue amigos,
Oroblanco

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning maestro del sock coffee, :coffee2::coffee2: a fresh pot is on the stove. Remember to disassociate Tayopa itself from Naranjal. Tayopa still remains closed. However I have no doubt that many prospectors and miners did enter the complex following the trail of Gold, Silver, Platinum. etc that left a nice trail down the Arroyo Babaroccas forming the rich placer at San Luis Baboroccos on the rio Mayo. I have sent you photographs which shows the geological up set that occurred in the region.

The Naranjo mine that I posted about was worked long after Tayopa was closed, it was closed when Naranjo was operating, and is still closed, so there is no connection between the two, except being in the same area. After all The Jesuits themselves couldn't find it when they returned, but they did work others in the area.

Is it possible that they were working El Naranjo (al) and when they were expelled, in 1767, left data , or visible workings which the Spaniard used to continue working El Naranjo (al) until he was forced to flee as a result of the Juarez revolution in the early 1800's??

Speaking of the Jesuits, in the late 1800's A Jesuit set up residence in the area,and was always out climbing and walking around the Tayopa Complex. After a few years he met his Maker while climbing around a volcanic stock. Actually possibly a 1000 meters away from Tayopa itself. so we now know that as of the late 1800's, Tayopa had still been lost, and that Naranjal was not open even then..

Intrigueing questins, but as you once said, A rich Gold mIne can go by any name it wishes, just as long as the mine belongs to you.l

Welcome back mi compadre & los Barfs.

Don Jose de La Mancha

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola Don Jose,

How is my Compadrito? Wishing to be with Las Amazonas like El Cuervo? Some people have all the fun don't they. Let's toast :occasion14: to their pleasure, and safety, so that they can bring even better stories. Oh, and here is an apple that I brought for you mule, just watch the fingers.

You and I seem to be in the same boat. You are waiting for capital from one find to finance your other finds. I too wait to profit from a small treasure up north to finance some of my other finds.

I wish it could be just as easy here to find treasure. It seems that all you do is give sock coffee to the Indios, and they show you where the gold is. :dontknow: I hope you are not putting anything else in that already potent concoction. There is always an old dazed Indio, or a confused old Mexican connected with your finds. :laughing7:

Homar

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gmorning corozone de piedra, k yer usual sock coffee? Unfortunately what you have said is all too true. They may be out there hanging around but unless you are in the group, no financing is available no matter what you have. Everyone, DRUMBEAT_FORDECK.jpg including myself, sort believes in that you just find your lost mine and all that you do then is just carry the bars off to the nearest Swiss bank, unfortunately, sigh ---

As for our friends, you are kidding, yes, I would love to be with them just being subject to the prevailing trade winds and tides for the next six months, I love that part of Polynesia. Here are a few pictures of their toy,

Don Jose de La Mancha

Kanacker's square rigtged schooner. 1.jpg

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gmorning corozone de piedra, k yer usual sock coffee? Unfortunately what you have said is all too true. They may be out there hanging around but unless you are in the group, no financing is available no matter what you have. Everyone, View attachment 845248 including myself, sort believes in that you just find your lost mine and all that you do then is just carry the bars off to the nearest Swiss bank, unfortunately, sigh ---

As for our friends, you are kidding, yes, I would love to be with them just being subject to the prevailing trade winds and tides for the next six months, I love that part of Polynesia. Here are a few pictures of their toy,

Don Jose de La Mancha

View attachment 845247

Compadrito,

Gracias por el cafesito. Ah yes, she is a nice ship, but your Amigos have been pulling your leg about the all girl crew.

Just look at how messy it is, and how dirty those sails are. Remember that a picture is worth a thousand words. There is not one seagull in sight, these birds follow the fishing boats. This ship seems to be lacking that fishy aroma. :laughing7:

Homar

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'morning Cafe? As you mentioned ole picky one, yes the square rigged sails are stained , but they no longer pull the sail up to the spar then secure them with cording, now-a-days they use a system similar to a roller shade, so it is fairly esy to get stained by metal oxidation, which is very dfficult to eliminate. This is to be expected if the boat is basically inactive for a period, especially in the Pure tropical, humid conditions that it lives in, however recheck on how her decks etc are in top condition.

Don" t be so damn picky. I love her as she is. so there! I Only wish that she was mine. Oulte possibly would even trade off my favorte mule for her. Would soon have you on yer knees holystoning the deck. Wouldn't want the gals to get splinters in their footsies would we?

Don Jose de La Mancha

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
[video]suggests that Polynesians reached the New World long before Columbus[/video]

You two!.:laughing7:

Last edited:

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wake up Don Jose! You were dreaming again, here drink this :coffee2:. You were talking in your dream, telling me to scrub harder, verdad Lupita, what was that all about? Go back to the Naranjal story, so El Cerro Del Cura where the parrots live, and the V of gold bars that you once saw are all in the same area close to Tayopa?

Homar

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread