Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad to hear both are fully functional, typing finger can be slow, but NEVER that trigger finger. :coffee2::coffee2: :coffee2: :coffee2:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
My trigger finger is good, but my typing finger is still doing the ole" Hunt and Peck" routine. :dontknow:

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using a styles. While moving a portable pantry on a carpet floor, I had to get my fingers under the back, when the weight shifted I felt a pinch at the tip of the middle finger. I jerked to get free only to find that the carpet strip, with the many nail points, had pierced my nail and into the nail bed. When I jerked, it split the nail from the center to the tip.

Second time in two days that I have almost lost control of my bladder.

#/80(:- ---

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am currently using a styles. While moving a portable pantry on a carpet floor, I had to get my fingers under the back, when the weight shifted I felt a pinch at the tip of the middle finger. I jerked to get free only to find that the carpet strip, with the many nail points, had pierced my nail and into the nail bed. When I jerked, it split the nail from the center to the tip.

Second time in two days that I have almost lost control of my bladder.

#/80(:- ---

SORRY TO HEAR THAT MIKEL, I CAN ONLY IMAGINE THE PAIN. YOUR LUCK CAN ONLY CHANGE FOR THE BETTER.

THAT SNAKE/PHONE STORY WAS HILARIOUS, I MAY USE IT AS A PRANK, MAKING SURE IT'S NOT MY PHONE BEING HANDLED.

HOMAR

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
Hi doc-d

Don't worry about the stories . If are proven truth or fiction , nobody will take you seriously . Everybody is stuck in his/her theory .

True for the most part markmar, I have found that as I have gotten older, my ability to be more open minded has increased. I discovered that I was not the center of the universe, ( my wife took over that job description ). The stories are a valuable part of history and, until I found this forum, did not realize how exciting, and dangerous, of an occupation this was, nor did I realize just how much is still out there. The stories shared here help encourage the adventurer in us and help inspire the younger generation. So many have shared with us, Kanacki, Crow, you, NP, Oroblanco, coazon de oro , Corporate Investigations, to name just a few, and then Don Jose, who has been every where, done everything, ( except find his cave door ), and each night he is here sharing stories with us.:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :coffee2:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Simon =====Jose, who has been every where, done everything, ???????

I HAVE ?????????????? OK, OK, I'll give you a second cuppa :coffee2:

This is easy to settle - now everyone here that has served in the military on Guadalcanal in WW2, can fly a plane AND has taken a pee onto a Jaguar, raise your hand!

Case closed! :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:coffee2: :coffee: :coffee2:

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amigo's,:coffee2::coffee2::coffee2::director: We are all Prospecting for those valuable Words, for some,they come easy, for others ,well ,the word veins are almost worked out,but, we keep on picking away at them.there all kinds of word veins, some words are platinum, some golden, some silver,most are copper and zinc, but no matter what kind of vein it is all words are valuable here. so I hope every prospector here keeps picking away looking for that mother load.:walk:NP:cat:

Last edited:

Simon1

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
This is easy to settle - now everyone here that has served in the military on Guadalcanal in WW2, can fly a plane AND has taken a pee onto a Jaguar, raise your hand!

Case closed! :thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Oroblanco, I know I am going out on a limb here, but that Jaguar that someone watered down, was that the car or the animal ?, because I can almost picture him doing it to both. :coffee2: :coffee2:

OP
OP
Oroblanco

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Oroblanco, I know I am going out on a limb here, but that Jaguar that someone watered down, was that the car or the animal ?, because I can almost picture him doing it to both. :coffee2: :coffee2:

It was the living, four-legged kind, and was apparently working its way up to attack. His ingenious defense worked, I would have likely not gotten it out of the pants before the urine went flying! :tongue3:

Aug 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Don Jose

There is a very rare 1645 book coming up for Auction. Which may have some interesting information about the early settlement of Tayopa.

Its by Perez de Ribas, Andres.

The book is called Historia de los triumphos de nuestra santa fee entre gentes las mas barbaras, y fieras del nuevo Orbe, conseguidos por los soldados de la Milicia de la Compañia de Iesus en las missiones e la prouincia de Nueua-España ... Madrid: Por Alo[n]so de Paredes, 1645. Folio. [20] ff., 763, [1] pp.

Asking price is 37k.

This book is A great rarity of the Spanish Southwest, and still the dominant history of the region and of Jesuit activities there for the period from 1590 to 1644, the Historia provides an unparalleled description of the upper part of Mexico and what is now the southwest region of the United States in the first half of the 17th century.

Andres Perez de Ribas (1576–1655) joined the Jesuit order in 1602 and arrived in Mexico in 1604 to proselytize among the native Indians. He was assigned to the area of northern Sinaloa, along the Pacific coast, and showed great ability from the start. Within a year he had baptized all the members of the Ahome nation and a large part of the Suaqui tribe, together about 10,000 natives. In 1617 he was instrumental in the pacification and conversion of the Yaqui tribe. Perez de Ribas was recalled to Mexico City in 1620 to work in the college there, eventually becoming a provincial of the school. He returned to Rome in 1643, undertaking the present history (which he completed in 1644) and other histories still found only in manuscript.

The work is divided into twelve parts, cumulatively giving a history of Jesuit activities in Mexico and the American Southwest, as well as providing a social and cultural examination of Indian customs, manners, rites, and superstitions. The first part of the book gives a history of Sinaloa and its people before the arrival of the Spanish. Parts two to eleven describe the arrival of the Spanish and the Jesuits in upper Mexico and their activities among the several tribes, including the conversion of the Hiaqui tribe, and the missions at Topia, San Andres, Parras, and Laguna Grande, as well as the conversion of the Tepeguanes and their subsequent rebellion. The final part discusses missionary activities in other parts of New Spain, including an account of the martyrdom of nine Jesuit missionaries in Florida in 1566. There is also some information on Baja California.

“Obra de extremo interes acerca de las actividades de los jesuitas en Sinaloa, California y Florida” ( Palau). Of Perez de Ribas' Historia Bancroft writes: “It is a complete history of Jesuit work in Nueva Vizcaya, practically the only history the country had from 1590 to 1644, written not only by a contemporary author but by a prominent actor in the events narrated, who had access to all the voluminous correspondence of his order, comparatively few of which documents have been preserved. In short, Ribas wrote under the most favorable circumstances and made good use of his opportunities.”

Provenance: On the upper edges of the volume is the colonial-era marca de fuego of the Seminario Conciliar de México. Perez de Ribas' work is exceedingly rare on the market. The is first one to come available in the last 40 years.

Here is some pages below sadly not the pages I wanted to see.

perezderibas_34581_1l.jpg

perezderibas_34581_7l.jpg

perezderibas_34581_9l.jpg

perezderibas_34581_top1l.jpg

Amy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions